Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 2630
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello!

I've just printed about 40 pages of full colour A4 images from pdf's, and when it got to the final 5 pages it's suddenly started throwing up "Paper Size Mismatch" errors every time I try to print. I've tried everything it says on the relevant HP support page here: https://support.hp.com/hr-en/document/ish_2041502-1777828-16

It most definitely is NOT a mismatch. A4 is selected as the source document size, and A4 paper is most definitely in the printer. There's no option on this model to select print paper size in the printer dialogue boxes (at least not in PDF reader, so I've just selected "Main Tray" (although I've tried the alternative "Automatically Select Tray" - I've tried *every* possible option in *every* category). I've also tried doing it from 2 different laptops and my phone. It WILL print PDFs from my phone, but it doesn't allow me to specify where on the paper I want the images aligned, it just aligns it to the bottom left which is useless as I'm doing back-to-back (manually) to make a little booklet. So I tried instead copying the image into a word document where I *could* align it as required, but then when I try printing that from my phone it does another unspecified error (it doesn't specify Paper Size Mismatch this time, but the way it pulls the paper in just a little, pauses and then throws up the error suggests it's the same problem because that's exactly what it does when printing from laptops and giving a Paper Size Mismatch error). 

Can anybody tell me how to override the stupid thing?!!!! Is it just that once you get to a certain number of print jobs, HP has designed the printer to stop working so you're forced to buy a new one? Because rest assured, I won't be buying a new one from HP if this one is dead. I've had it all of 3 years and hardly used it. Absolute rubbish.

Thanks to anyone who can tell me anything, even if it's just "Your printer's knackered love, get a new one".

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@LaPiff

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Does this happen with all documents or copies as well?

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If you are using the current Adobe Reader you should have an option to that reads "choose paper source by PDF page size". Make sure that this is turned off.

Repairatrooper_0-1632234238417.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi thanks for your reply. I did everything you said and it then allowed me to print one page of the document, then started throwing up the paper size mismatch error again. Any more ideas? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi repairatrooper - thanks for your reply, yes this option is unchecked

HP Recommended

Also just to let you know, I'm using 120gsm paper, don't know if that has anything to do with it- but it won't print on standard weight paper either.

However, it will let me print something else from a word doc onto either weight of paper. So it just seems to be pdf's it's suddenly having a problem with. 

HP Recommended

OK so now I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe acrobat and now it'll print the pdf on normal weight paper but not 120gsm.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.