Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet PRo x576DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I keep getting "the clear output bin" error, but there is nothing in the output bin to clear.  Flap comes up easily, output bin is clear.  Every once in a (long) while it prints...I assume there is some sort of detector that is broken or there is some other error that throws this message?  Do I know own a $1000 POS workgroup inkjet printer?  

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

Hope you are well, the recommended troubleshooting for that message is to open the left door of the printer and take out the duplexer, make sure no paper is stuck inside, reinstall the duplexer, by using a cloth clean up the rollers and sensor (looks like a little black square and clean the little mirror attached on the left door inside area) and test the printer.

Please make sure the flap is moving properly, if its printing it should stay up, if its not, it should remain closed.

If issue persists and there is no visible damage, you can check for one of our authorized service center for onsite inspection. 

here is the link: ASP

Regards,

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Does the flap close? If not, you may have a defective sensor on the output flap. There have been some issues with the flaps binding and they seem to move ok but cause issues when the printer is trying to move them.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.