Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
sl m2675
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

after the upgrade to Win 10 ver. 1803, Easy Document Creator find correctly my Samsung multifunction printer M2675 but every time the program start to talk with the scanner appear an error message (Error I/O during comunication...).

Scanner works with the integrated program in Win 10 (fax and scanner). I try all update version of drivers (print and scanner), reinstall Easy Document Creator but nothing change (my idea is that there's a problem with WIA/TWAIN driver and the program).

Printing works perfectly, someone have any suggestion to use Easy Document Creator with scanner?

Thanks

dato5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
43 REPLIES 43
HP Recommended

I've got the same issue after upgrading to Windows 10 2018 April Update. 

The scanner only works with the (poor) Fax and Scanner Windows 10 application, but not with Easy Document Creator, which every time returns "I/O error" on opening.

I've also tried to unistall and install again the whole Driver&Software Samsung suite, no joy.

HP Recommended

Fax and scanner Windows is an example to say that the scanner work correctly (probably Fax and Scanner use WIA driver, that is probably the new microsoft standard). There are a lot of free scanner software but I need or I am more confident with Easy Document Creator.

Anyone the same?

HP Recommended

Hello

me too
this is a mistake
help me

HP Recommended

Hello,

Me too, have an error of communication whith the TWAIN on my CLX-4195FW sice I ubdate on Win 10 1803...

Whating correction...

Best regards

HP Recommended

Exactly the same problem with Samsung M2675 after upgrade to Win 10 1803.

HP Recommended

I had exactly the same problem on May the 14, 2018,  I updated my Win 10 on my PC with the "april update", and the communication between the softwares (either Smarthru or Easy Document Creator) made by Samsung that works with the TWAIN driver made by Samsung too, seems not to proceed correctly because of some change in Win 10.

Since the WIA drivers seems to be the future protocol of drivers for scanners in Win10, I try the win 10 app provided by Microsoft (winstore), it worked with the WIA drivers but lacks the capabilities of calling other pages in the scanner, only one page can be scanned at a time and saved.

Then i searched for a good software of third party that uses WIA driver and accept batch scanning of multiple pages, i found NAPS2, it work well, sure that if Easy Document Creator or SmartThru could be updated to use the WIA drivers it would be very kind from Samsung (now it seems HP has the printer activity of Samsung), but NAPS2 is not bad at all (and is freeware).

HP Recommended

As far as I have tested this only afects printers connected through USB. If it is possible try to switch to LAN connection, of course if the model you have has ethernet.

HP Recommended

thanks

Unfortunately this is only a USB connection

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.