Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung M2070W
Other

Dear Team, 

I'd like to scan with my Samsung M2070W Multifunctional printer and scanner on my Macbook Air M1 (macOS: Big Sur 11.1) 

I have installed the drivers from the official page. I can print successfully. However the scanning option does not seem to work for me. I am facing an error message after I click on Scan button in the "picture downloader" saying that "The scanner showed an error, there were some error during scanning" -  This may not be the exact error message in english as I just translated it. (Official error message in Hungarian: " A szkenner hibát jelzett, Hiba történt a beolvasás közben"). 

The interesting thing is that the scan preloads, so I can see what I would like scan on my mac screen, however after clicking on the Scan button, I am facing the error message over and over again. 

I have tried to reinstall the drivers and the printer itself several times, but seems like it does not change a thing. I even restarted my printer and my Mac as well, but didn't solve the issue. 

I know the printer itself works perfectly as I am using it on my Windows laptop and there was no issue back then. 

The error message I am facing: 

Error message on mac Big Sur 11.1Error message on mac Big Sur 11.1

Could you please look at this issue and advise how I can solve this? 

I'd appreciate it, 

Many thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@fodor_attila, Welcome to HP Support Community!

“For support options for Samsung Printers in your country or region please check this website.”

Thanks!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day,
Please do not write that we should look for advice to support individual Samsung printers when there is nothing to help. It is simply not possible to scan in color and in PDF format on Big Sur.
You bought the Samsung Printers division and treated them as if they were not HP.

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

If you already tried with the ICDM driver and still not working or giving you issues you'll have to pay for a Scanning app since the free ones wont cut it. You can read this post https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Samsung/Samsung-C480-plus-Big-Sur-macos-11-equals-scanner-is-dead/m-p/... where they have the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I read that post.
I have a Smasung XPress M2675FN printer.
I know that I can buy an application that will provide me with both color scanning and PDF format.
But HP has taken over all the commitments of Samsung, leaser printers will last a long time, so I expect the appropriate support.

Have a nice day

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.