Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Brother hl-6200dw b&w laser printer 2yo.
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've got a laser printer that causes my battery backup, APC500, to beep when I print. I've got an older HP6p that works fine on the same power line. The fuser in the HP laser printer doesn't cause a line voltage drop but the Brother printer does. The beeping continues as the fuser cycles on and off waiting until the next print job. Stops when printer goes into sleep mode. Both printers are on separate outlets and not even attached to the APC500. Tried changing outlets but problem moved to another APC450. Do fusers pull this much power to sag the line voltage?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jshererkc,

You are referring to an APC450 power backup and a Brother printer, a problem that clearly doesn't occur with the HP printer for your description...

I suggest contacting the printer manufacturer for help:

https://help.brother-usa.com/

And as a general answer to your question, the answer is yes, fusers uses a lot of power voltage comparing an inkjet, laser printers are not dual-voltage like inkjet printers for that reason, due the higher power consumption..

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @jshererkc,

You are referring to an APC450 power backup and a Brother printer, a problem that clearly doesn't occur with the HP printer for your description...

I suggest contacting the printer manufacturer for help:

https://help.brother-usa.com/

And as a general answer to your question, the answer is yes, fusers uses a lot of power voltage comparing an inkjet, laser printers are not dual-voltage like inkjet printers for that reason, due the higher power consumption..

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Even small desktop printers can pull up to 10 Amps when heating the fuser. Depending on the design of the fuser. Many HP fusers use a ceramic element like a curling iron while other brands mat be using to quartz tube that can be rated at 1500 watts. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.