Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CLX-4195fw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a Samunsg CLX-4195FW printer and i'm trying to log into the SyncThru web interface. I can't remember the password and since i bought the printer so long ago, i can't even remember i even set a new password.

I tried the default user/pass:

user: admin

pass: sec00000

i've also tried the following user/pass:

admin/1111

admin/111111

but the above credentials do not work.

I've tried to reset the network settings via the LCD screen and unplugged the printer for a few seconds and plugged it back in but the user/pass is still incorrect.

i've tried to chat to the HP customer support but they dont' want to help saying they can't reset it refer to the HP Support site.. such a typical "i can't care" customer service response.

i've also installed the samsung printer manager on my windows 10 operating system and reset the network settings that way, but same result, invalid user/pass when trying to log into the syncthru web interface.

Is there a way to reset this user/pass? i don't care if i have to do a factory reset, i just need access to the web interface so i can set my email SMTP settings.

Hopefully the support team that monitors these threads are more helpful - thanks in advance,

Eddie

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Any help would be appreciated..

HP Recommended

bump

HP Recommended

@EdZz1

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended
Step 1: 

When the printer is fully booted press and hold the buttons 1,2 and 3 simultaneously.

Step 2: 

it will now require a master password which is "1934"

Step 3: 

On The next screen go to "Test Routine" then select  "Other"

Step 4: 

You should now find an option for ''Memory Clear'' select country region and then select ''Start''
The device will reboot and when it restarts it have the default SyncThru web interface password.

user: admin

pass: sec00000

Hope this helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.