Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsun Xpress C460W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have recently purchased a new HP PC, currently, I’m having problems with the functionality of my Samsung printer (Xpress C460W) after installing it via plug and play.

After the plug and play installation, the Samsung Printer Experience appears on list of apps. Whilst I can print ok, and it displays the toner levels, there is no functionality to scan.

To be able to scan I have to go through a convoluted process via the Control Panel and the “add printers” page write clicking on the installed printer icon. It will only allow single page scans saved to either png, bmp or jpg formats.

From the CD that came with the printer I installed the Samsung Easy Document Creator, which I used successfully on my old PC. After doing this, the scanning function was not available, and I also lost the functionality of the Samsung Printer Experience.

I have tried to download the Samsung Easy Document Creator from your support website, but it seems not to download and the error “can’t reach this page” is displayed.

I also tried to download drivers from your website, in case they needed updating, the same error message was displayed.

Could you please advise how I can download the Samsung Easy Document Creator with full functionality or alternatively advise how I can scan one or multiple documents to a PDF file.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @AdrianDerby ,
Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The ftp page was unavailable for a short time. Try again now.

Samsung Easy Document Creator 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”.

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.