Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung M4080FX

Hello,

Can you folks please provide some guidance on what further actions I should take?

Symptoms:

Only after the printer is woken up from sleep mode, it will not:

- Receive print print jobs

- Recognize scan to PC computers

- Soft power off when pressing the power/wakeup button

- I have not tested scan and send via email

Actions taken:

- Updated firmware

- Assigned static IP on the router

- Set static IP on the Samsung M4080FX

As of now, the printer will only return to full functionality after a power cycle using the power switch.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It appears to be an Eero problem. I put the printer on a spare router and I cannot recreate the issue I've having while on the Eero system. I'll close this thread out as answered and will follow up later when, if, Eero fixes the issue with their system.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Any solutions out there?

HP Recommended

What type of port are you using for the printer driver on the computers. Often the drivers get auto configured using a WSD port and these are notoriously bad at losing connection. Use a standard TCP/IP port for the communication port on the driver and see if that helps the situation.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have 24 hours of functionality as of now. I'll continue to monitor to ensure its working and close out this thread in a few days. I disabled all of these services in the SyncThur GIU:

TCP/IPv6, LPR/LPD, IPP, FTP Print Server, AirPrint, ThinPrint®, Google Cloud Print, Telnet, WSD, SLP, UPnP, mDNS, CIFS (Shared Folder)

These are enabled:
TCP/IPv4, Raw TCP/IP, Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP)

I'll bring the services on one at a time, after a few days, starting with the WSD to see if that is the cause of my problem.

Thank you for taking your time to reply.

HP Recommended

The connectivity problem still persists. However, I can confirm that "Scan to Email" still works even though I cannot ping the machine. I'm going to reach out to Eero on this. They do some weird stuff with their mesh network and may be the root of the cause here.

HP Recommended

It appears to be an Eero problem. I put the printer on a spare router and I cannot recreate the issue I've having while on the Eero system. I'll close this thread out as answered and will follow up later when, if, Eero fixes the issue with their system.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.