Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-26-2017 11:07 PM
The printer show Ready 2 Download when power on. Any key press no fusction. Windows 7 can't detect printer. Please help.
11-28-2017 11:34 AM
Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out.
I understand that your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP is stuck on Ready 2 Download screen.
Don't worry as I have a few steps that may help fix this issue.
And here are the steps listed below:
1. Disconnect USB/Network/FAX and power on the standalone unit.
2. Check and remove any packaging material inside the printer and toner cartridge.
3. Try different power source.
4. Perform a power cycle by unplugging the power cord while the power is on and plug it back.
5. Perform a power drain by disconnecting the power cord from the back of the printer and keeping the power button pressed for 30 seconds and if there is a power switch, keep the switch in ON position for 30 seconds before reconnecting the power cord.
6. Turn Off the printer for 3 min and then try turning on the unit.
Let me know how that works.
You have a good day ahead.
11-29-2017 10:55 PM
Thanks for the reply and trying the suggested steps.
Recommend connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable.
Visit www.hp.com/drivers and enter the printer model you are using.
Download and install the firmware update on the printer over USB connection.
If the issue persists please contact our phone support team for further assistance.
Keep me posted. Good Luck.
I am an HP Employee