Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
scx-4729FW
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I need to replace the battery in the front panel, but no clue how to get this panel free. Any schema, hint whatever would help

Thank you

erwin

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please see below section:

When installing accessories, the battery inside the printer is a service component. Do not change it by yourself. There is a risk of an explosion if the battery is replaced by an incorrect type.

I suggest reviewing below options to find a nearby service center:

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Hi ShlomiL

Thank you for the input, but this standard answer does not help 😕

The printer I working well and I don't want to buy a new one or spend the same amount let it fix. There is no service center nearby.

erwin

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.

On some of these models the battery is under the control panel and the other models have the battery on the main control board.Hope this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

To remove front panel you need to lift it to maximum UP position, and then pull to the right and release. When it is in UP position look under the panel and you will see how to pull to right, no screws no tool needed.

After that, you have few screws to disassemble and replace a battery.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Hi copier-pro

Sorry, but I do not see  the difference between Control Panel / Main Control BoardIMG_1661.JPG

HP Recommended

Hi Valsimot

Not sure to get what you explain, sorry 😞

There is no way to pull to the right nor to the left...see pic on previous post

HP Recommended

OK, not your printer model but closest I could find hope it will help you:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Samsung/Samsung-SCX-3405FW-does-not-save-date-and-time/td-p/6469917

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended
Hi, Thank you for the input.
I already found this. But my Problem is to get so far. How to remove the cover and the scanning part

Anyway thank you
HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.