Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung SCX-4600 Laserprinter
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Hi,

i hat no Problem using my Samsung laserprinter scx-4600. I bought a new MacBook Air with the M1 Chip and there is no chance to bring the printer back to working...

I need a driver (64-Bit)!

Please help me!!!

regards

Tobias

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

so i waited for help...

I have still the problem and can't print...

The serial number on the Samsung printer isn't in the system so i can't get support!

Has anyone else this problem with MacOs big sur?

HP Recommended

Same problem here with M1 Macbook Air.

HP Recommended

The unfortunate reality is that this is a 11+ year old printer design and as such, likely is classified as end of life, which means that driver development may have ceased on it.  I know that is not what one wants to hear when they have a working unit, but MAC people should be more painfully aware of this reality as Steven Jobs was known for shunning dated technology as quickly as possible.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Well i must ask you, if you don't speak for HP, how can you write those words you wrote?

It is not the problem with Apple, it is HP that doesnt't support me with an "easy to code" driver... there is no part with apple in this one. I understand your point with apple, but it has nothing to do with my problem. 

Again: I have an SAMSUNG printer, hp has now to support me with my SAMSUNG printer. They tell me on the HP support website to put the serial number in to get in touch with HP-support-staff. I put in the serial number of the silver-sticker on the printer, but then the HP website tells me that the serial-number doesn't exist. So far there ist no problem with Apple.IMG_3376.jpeg

So tell me then, how can i get in touch with HP-Support-staff, to ask them for a funktional SAMSUNG driver?

Maybe i should tell you, that Apple doesn't code the driversoftware for other trademarks. Sorry, i am really upset about the fact, that i cant't get in contact with any HP support members!!!

If you are a long member of the community, as you say, do you have someone to talk to?

As far as i can see, there is no problem with apple but with HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.