Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
12-11-2018 10:37 PM
Need Samsung MultiXpress SL-X4250LX HDD recovery image, The hard drive seems to be failing or corrupt, would need the 3 files listed in the service manual, however cannot find any information on locating the files, tired using the firmware but that doesnt do anything. Any guidance or links to files would be appreciated!
12-14-2019 08:14 AM
Hi! - Need recovery HDD images - I ordered replacement drive for my SCX-8030ND, sender explained all files are present, verified HDD does indeed have folders / files, but printer continues to come up in restore mode. I'll send you my email address - thanks!
01-27-2020 04:44 AM
All - After months of searching stumbled upon this HP FTP URL for my specific printer:
You can start from ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers and see if you can find your printer. It had the HDD recover files, I was able to put on a USB drive and restore my newly installed HDD and got the printer up again!
- I ordered a replacement HDD which came already formatted w/the required files, but did not work when installed on the printer.
- So, once I found the above FTP site, I downloaded SCX80XX_HDD_RECOVERY_V5.N6.29.zip into a temp folder.
- Unzipped to file: SCX_8030_8040_V11.1X.05.29.FS2.02.00.00.05.tar.gz.ehd (if memory serves, you only need this file, no further unzipping required)
- Put the above (.ehd) file on a USB drive
- Put USB drive in printer and did the recovery from USB option
After all the grief I went thru, hope this helps many others! HP wouldn't even discuss the issue (after telling me they knew exactly how to fix it) w/o me being a partner - tried to sign up but they rejected - all they had to do was share this public FTP site to actually.... you know.... help - their customers.