Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung Xpress M2024W laser printer
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Hi guys 🙂 ... I'm a bit confused, I downloaded the product manual for the printer - apparently it's the same product manual for all  M202x series , which the Samsung Xpress M2024W laser printer falls under I'm guessing... the product manual says the  MLT-D111S is the toner cartridge I would want to buy.

Normally I would just go with this, but here's what confuses me .. when you look at the product listing for it on office depot, it lists Samsung MLT-D111S/XA and the Samsung MLT-D116L Bl  both as compatible - so would both work?   Is the D116L  just the same toner cartridge with more toner "ink" (I know it's not really "ink"  😛  but )  inside of it ? 

Thanks so much to anyone who reads this and replies 🙂  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

They will both work, differences in more toner dust in MLT-D111L ( not D116L as you wrote that model will not fit in your printer)

Page yield @5% coverage for MLT-D111S is 1000 pages, while MLT-D111L has page yield of 1800 pages @5% coverage.

My profile on LinkedIn

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

They will both work, differences in more toner dust in MLT-D111L ( not D116L as you wrote that model will not fit in your printer)

Page yield @5% coverage for MLT-D111S is 1000 pages, while MLT-D111L has page yield of 1800 pages @5% coverage.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

Thank you SO much I really appreciate you taking the time to help out an ignorant soul like myself  😛 .. greatly appreciated 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.