Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

After the new Catalina update 10.15.4, my Samsung M2835DW stopped printing correctly again.

I took your advice Teorema67, and uninstalled the printer drivers then downloaded the drivers again from HP website.  The initial printer seen on the network would not AirPrint.  I used the older technique and added a second copy of the printer, and was then able to have it correctly AirPrint.

I wonder if I am going to have to repeat this process everytime MacOS gets updated?

HP Recommended

>>  ... and was then able to have it correctly AirPrint.

That's different here, my C2680 does not print correctly through AirPrint. When an eps logo is included in the document, only cryptic special chars are put on paper via AirPrint. It only works if the current driver is added by choosing it in "Select software".

HP Recommended

@teorema67 wrote:

>>  ... and was then able to have it correctly AirPrint.

That's different here, my C2680 does not print correctly through AirPrint. When an eps logo is included in the document, only cryptic special chars are put on paper via AirPrint. It only works if the current driver is added by choosing it in "Select software".

Same goes for me. Strange symbols on random prints if I install it using AirPrint. The bad news is with the new drivers I can't install it by choosing it. The only option is AirPrint. I guess it's totally broken for me.

HP Recommended

@ Wolfkain: I'd try this driver package https://support.hp.com/ch-de/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-c460-color-laser-multifunction-pr...  (Serie Samsung SL-C460 – Druckertreiber V1.10.00 – 10.0 MB – 16. Mrz. 2020)

Maybe it allows to select the C480 in the "Select software" section (not AirPrint).

Sorry, I did edit this post because i found a 2020 driver for the C480 too: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/Samsung-Xpress-SL-C480-Color-Laser-Multifunction-Pr... 

HP Recommended

@teorema67 wrote:

@ Wolfkain: I'd try this driver package https://support.hp.com/ch-de/drivers/selfservice/samsung-xpress-sl-c460-color-laser-multifunction-pr...  (Serie Samsung SL-C460 – Druckertreiber V1.10.00 – 10.0 MB – 16. Mrz. 2020)

Maybe it allows to select the C480 in the "Select software" section (not AirPrint).

Thank you @Teorema67

I tried it again, this time following this procedure and I was able to select again my printer.

1. Delete printer from Settings

2. Right click and select "Reset Printing System"

3. Run Samsung uninstaller (For it to successfully complete though, I had to turn of the Gatekeeper)

4. Install the latest Samsung_Mac_10.15_Driver_V3.91.00

5. And boom... Here is the printer. I choose it and installation completed.

I wonder if AirPrint will be fixed be firmware update though as we can no longer print from our mobile devices or  as guest.

HP Recommended

This is NOT solved for my Samsung Xpress C480w.
I, like many here, have had this issue for a couple of years and am near ready to throw the printer out the window.
This is an issue that has spanned 2 different macbooks in the household, and is intermittent.
Some days it works, others it spits out hundreds of pages of jibberish.

I've tried everything including:
- Deleting all printer drivers and files etc, and just selecting Samsung Xpress C480 from list (Not airprint)
- Tried above, but instead selecting Airprint
- Tried installing the new update driver (March 2020 version!): Same rubbish.

HP, whats the point of buying Samsung printers out to just leave perfectly good, EXPENSIVE multifunction laser printers die to the way side without correctly update drivers.. for YEARS! 

Has anyone had any luck with their C480?????
I have so much to print for both work and university, and during lockdown there's nowhere for me to just purchase a new printer! And if I did, never again a €300+ HP/SAMSUNG! What a joke.

HP Recommended

Hello, still not totally functional for me too... Such a shame coming from Hp or Samsung.

NEVER again, i can make you a promise.

Printing sometimes works and sometimes writes all my pages of the bucket with non ascii chars.

Scanning is simply not working at all. Samsung Easy Document still not released...

The only way I found to scan is to use the VueScan app (on MacOS). This is not free but its works (not every times : if scanner falls into deep sleep after inactivity, VueScan cannot detect it -> reboot scanner and its ok).

HP Recommended

>> Has anyone had any luck with their C480?????

Well, with my similar C460 I didn't experience issues til Mac OS 10.14. Not yet tested with Catalina and the new print and scan drivers, because with Catalina I'm using the C2680.

>> Samsung Easy Document still not released...

There will not be an update for Easy Document Creator for Mac I think. Version 2 was Win only, Mac still v1. But here it works with Image Capture, that's okay IMHO.

HP Recommended

So, for the nine millionth time, I have deleted all print drivers on my Mac. Then, I re-flashed the firmware using the one in the link from Split8s. Since then, Airprint has started working (it hasn't worked at all since I bought the printer) and I can scan from the printer too. Let's hope this stays the case.

Thanks to @Split8s for the link, which is: 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers

Notes

1. The software to download is:MacOS 10.15 Catalina 
  2. I have not installed any drivers on my Mac whatsoever (no drivers, no EasyWhatever)  and intend to keep it that way unless things start going wrong again. The only thing I did was re-flash the firmware on the printer using the updated one in the link.
HP Recommended

Image Capture for scanning is not an option in my case (I have a C480W) because as soon as I change target file type or I modified settings from auto to any manual setup, output file is corrupted, so only way to scan is to JPG with default settings, in my case image is SO bright, it is almos impossible to get soft colors in the image... shooting a picture from mobile phone is much better in terms of quality... that makes scanner useless.

There are 3 Macs, 3 iPhones, 5 iPads and 1 PC making use of the printer... so apple support is mandatory in my case

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.