Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

>> ... since I get the error The application "Install Software.app" can't be opened ...

Same here. "Install Software.app" seems to be 32 bit, so it cannot work with Catalina.

>> ... Please find a guide to be able to install your Samsung printer in the new MAC OS 10.15 update. I hope this helps. https://docdro.id/n4BZFUR ...

Various drivers are offered on the linked pages, in your screenshot from 2018. In order to work with Catalina they must be from 2020 or late 2019. Older drivers are 32 bit and do not work under Catalina, at least not for me.

HP Recommended

Hello, I follow your PDF which is very cool. But the installation fails another times with lates drivers (03/20 in my case). The error is when I try to create a printer. I've got this error :Capture d’écran 2020-05-01 à 10.01.51.png

Since october 2019, it's impossible to install a proper driver coming from HP. What a shame...

HP Recommended

Did you remove all other Samsung drivers before? The C480 should work under Catalina.

HP Recommended

Yes I remove all drivers before. I reset the printing system also and update the latest Catalina release.

After tweeking some networks issues, it finished to work. I don't know exactly what I did and what makes it work. But it works now. 

HP Recommended

So, in reply to my own message... Everything worked really well for two days, then back to pages and pages of gobbledygook at the top of each page with the rest of the page blank spewing out each time I want to print anything. 

Seriously awful

Please, if you're thinking of buying one of these printers, only do it if you're prepared to reinstall the drivers three times a week. NOT GOOD

HP Recommended

I have tried removing the printer files and folders from the folders.  I have also tried to print to the non-airprint printer, per your last idea.  None of this works for me.  Is there something else I can do before I roll back to the previous MACOS?  I am on Catalina and I cant print from MSword etc

HP Recommended
Step 1: Go to the HP websitesupportto downloadthelatestdriveravailablefor your specific printer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/printers-Make sure to select the correct operating system(10.11, 10,12, 10.13 & 10.14)for MacO.S 10.15 you can select 10.14, 10.11, 10.13 etc.(It’s thesame driver). Please download-Samsung SL-*** Series print driver and Samsung SL-**** Series scan driver.

Step 2: After downloading the drivers, please go to the downloadsfolder and open the Samsung Print series driver with the following folder path: PrinterDriver > Mac Installer>MAC_Printer >Printer driver.pkg If you get the following error message when running the driver,the gate keeper needs to be temporally disabled, to do so please do the following: -Open terminal from spotlight -Type in the followingcommand: sudo spctl --master-disable-Enter your password

-Run the Printer driver.pkg again. Once the print driver has been installed, pleaseopen the Samsung Scandriver with the following folder pathand install the following PKG drivers(ICDM,ScanThru)ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer>MAC_ICDM>ICDM.pkg ScannerDriver > Mac_Installer>MAC_TWAIN>ScanThru.pkg Step 3: Once the drivers are installed, go to System preferences>Printers &scanners andadd the printerclicking on the + button>Add printer or scanner >Your SamsungModel >Make sure to select the specific driverand notAirPrintwhere it says USE.

Step 3: Now that the printer has been added, you shouldbe able to print and scan. To scan, go to system preferences > printers and scanners > andselect scan. Step 4: Make sure to enable gate keeper (Mac security)-Open terminal from spotlight -Type in the followingcommand: sudo spctl --master-enable-Enter your password
HP Recommended

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU Lukewest.

I migrated an old Mac to a new Mac pre-installed with Catalina. 

Here are the three commands I had to run to get my Samsung WL-2160 printing again:

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Printers/Samsung/ML-2160/rastertosec

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Printers/Samsung/ML-2160/SCMS/libscmssc.dylib          

sudo xattr -rd com.apple.quarantine /Library/Printers/Samsung/ML-2160/commandtosec

No other changes/work required.

After that, successful printing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.