Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Samsung CLX-6260FW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade the firmware of my Samsung CLX-6260FW MFP to the latest version (CLX6260FW_V4.00.04.05.hd) but I get an "invalid firmware" error message in the Firmware Upgrade Wizard of the SyncThru interface. I've already upgraded the firmware in the past without any problem.

I've downloaded the CLX-6260FW_V4.00.04.05.zip from the HP website and extracted the file. I've ensured that "Firmware update" is set to ON in the settings of the printer. The currently installed firmware version is V4.00.02.29.

I've found an old thread about this topic in the community but I did not find any solution, I was hoping that the issue would be fixed since then. Do you have any advice about how to upgrade to the latest version?

I'd like to install it because I encounter a printing issue and the latest drivers still don't fix it. Thanks,

-Noël
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi Noeld,

There is a previous post on this: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Samsung/CLX-6260FW-firmware-update/m-p/6834033#M2049

We tried to raise this, and HP hasn't done anything about it.  It has left my printer practically useless. 😞

HP Recommended

Hello Aw5m2nite,

Thanks for your reply.

This is indeed the thread that I mentioned. If HP did care about the issue, it would probably be fixed by now. This device is possibly obsolete for HP but not for me. Fortunately, in my case, I can still print most of my documents.

-Noël
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.