Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

Hi Franct,

You are absolutely right. I never did get any kind of reply which was a solution but the reply I had was quite critical of me for being frustrated and pointed out that this board is staffed by volunteers. They suggested instead that I should raise an issue on the commercial site.

As for my machine, it is lying on the side in pieces because I figured that the ribbon cable was probably lose and so giving erroneous data. Well I could not see a problem with the ribbon cable nor a way to tighten it, so I'm afraid I've given up on it and will at some point send it to the recycling centre and buy a replacement model having researched all available options.

So it is true to say that technically this is not solved, but I have no interest in pursuing this. 

HP Recommended

Hi Naskew,

what i really don't understand is HP's approach on this.

We bought that network scanner beacuse we had a need.

Now the scanner is broken and we still have the need.

We can go on the market for buying a new one.

How HP can even think that we'll consider to buy that scanner again (that model is still on the market) or another HP scanner? Acting so is a loose-loose situation.

Hope some moderator will clear the "solved" status of this thread.

HP Recommended

Well they have now deleted the message sent to me that was critical of me for being frustrated. Given the number of threads on here from people that have had this problem, I find it entirely implausible that they have never seen a device with symptoms like ours. So here is a completely genuine offer. If HP genuinely wish to try and isolate the problem, then I am happy to ship my broken device to them. They only need to pay for the postage and they don't need to return the device to me afterwards.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.