Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I am trying to scan a document and it will not allow me.  It is asking me to SHARE DATA and regardless if I click YES or NO it will not let me proceed forward.  I have tired to uninstall and reinstall the program but it is not working.  I need someone to [personal information removed]  I am unable to process any emails because of this.  Please contact me as soon as possible.

Respectfully,

Cynthia 

[personal information removed] 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

As of today, I cannot even get the HP Smart app to open. It seems to have changed somehow. I've also uninstalled and reinstalled it and it just spins and spins after asking if I want to share data. Same problem as you. My huibby thinks Windows 10 may have pushed an update which isn't compatible.   HP, please respond!

HP Recommended

This did not help.  I am still having problems.  I have tried it all.  I am hoping that my printer will still work.

HP Recommended

I am not able to access HP Smart on any device PC MAC and Iphone. I also just get infinite share data prompts.

Although I have been able to scan (as JPG) using windows fax and printer mechanics. Would rather have pdf from the app. I am also able to print. Hope they fix this, seems it's their problem on their end.

HP Recommended

THIS IS NOT WHAT MY ISSUE IS.  I AM UNABLE TO SCAN.. PLEASE SOMEONE CALL ME.

HP Recommended

We did a new Windows 10  update last night and now the HP Smart app works and lets you scan. However, we had to sign in to our HP account to enable "cloud service" whatever that is. I wish they would not make something simple into something complicated with no warning or instructions!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.