Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5052 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Envy 5052 all in one printer. Is there no way to use the functions without it being connected to the internet? For example, I can't scan with it, even though it is connected to my computer by USB cable. It prints fine. It just won't scan.

I live in a dorm, and have been forbidden to connect a wireless printer to the network because they cause issues for the system. I have already had to fight to get off the automatic ink system because I couldn't connect to the internet, and that shut all the functionality of this printer down until I could get that resolved.

Having to always connect to the internet in order to use a printer that can be connected by cable is not that friendly. I will definitely think about this before buying my next printer. Internet connection is not always a given. Is there a setting I can use to keep this from being an issue?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DyCymraes 

Hello,

I understand, that you want to use your printer without it being connected to the network (internet). In this case, you have to install your printer with the HP ENVY 5000 series Full Features Software and Drivers.

Please only configure it with the USB cable. HP printer setup (USB cable)

Don't hesitate to contact us in case of need.

Best regards,:Wink:

I'm not an HP employee. Did this message answer your question? Include it below as an Accept As Solution! Did you find this message useful?  Click on the thumbs up set to give a Compliment! Follow us on Facebook Assistance customers HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.