Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw
Microsoft Windows 11

When using HP Smart App and selecting share my contact list from my email does not show.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @sbtech102,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your contact list isn't showing up when you're trying to share it via the HP Smart App, there might be a few reasons for this issue and corresponding solutions you can try.

Check App Permissions: Ensure that the HP Smart App has the necessary permissions to access your contacts. Go into your device's settings, find the app permissions section, and check if the HP Smart App is allowed to access your contacts.

Email Account Sync: Make sure the email account from which you're trying to share contacts is correctly synced on your device. Sometimes, if the account is not properly synced, the contacts won't show up. You can check this in the settings of your email app or the accounts section of your device settings.

Update the App: Ensure that you're using the latest version of the HP Smart App. App developers frequently release updates to fix bugs and improve functionality. Check the app store for any available updates for the HP Smart App.

Restart the App and Device: Sometimes, simply restarting the app or your device can resolve unexpected issues. Try closing the HP Smart App completely and reopening it. If that doesn't work, try restarting your device.

Check Contact List Format: The HP Smart App might have specific requirements for how contacts should be formatted or saved in order to be shared. Check the app's help section or online support for any such requirements.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @sbtech102,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If your contact list isn't showing up when you're trying to share it via the HP Smart App, there might be a few reasons for this issue and corresponding solutions you can try.

Check App Permissions: Ensure that the HP Smart App has the necessary permissions to access your contacts. Go into your device's settings, find the app permissions section, and check if the HP Smart App is allowed to access your contacts.

Email Account Sync: Make sure the email account from which you're trying to share contacts is correctly synced on your device. Sometimes, if the account is not properly synced, the contacts won't show up. You can check this in the settings of your email app or the accounts section of your device settings.

Update the App: Ensure that you're using the latest version of the HP Smart App. App developers frequently release updates to fix bugs and improve functionality. Check the app store for any available updates for the HP Smart App.

Restart the App and Device: Sometimes, simply restarting the app or your device can resolve unexpected issues. Try closing the HP Smart App completely and reopening it. If that doesn't work, try restarting your device.

Check Contact List Format: The HP Smart App might have specific requirements for how contacts should be formatted or saved in order to be shared. Check the app's help section or online support for any such requirements.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.