Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

i spent 2 hours messing around with the 4652 that a friend bought.  read all the forums.  why would anyone suggest unpluging and pluging into a wal outlet as a solution.  my firend called hp and they logged into his computer and told him he had spyware and that was causing the slow copying.  a computer with a fresh install of windows 7.  I scanned the machine with four separate scanners,  nothing but 5 tracking cookies.  HP you need to get some serious tech support help.

here was my solution and I dont know which was the actual fix, but i assume the plain paper setting.   i dont usually post but the solutions i read were just awful  advice.

I connected the printer to wifi, only so they it could update itself.  all easily done on the front display via the setup button.  setup/networking and setup/update printer.  

then i hit the copy button and the gear button then changed the printer to plain paper from photo paper. and bam 20 second copies again.  

on a second note.  the printer is actually easy to use once you figure out the one little thing like paper setting.  why a guy on the phone did not know that is beyond me.  some one needs to retrain every tech on the phone.

HP Recommended

Yes, the solution to my Printer being slow was the paper setting.

It had stuck on the Photo paper setting despite attempts to change it back to normal copying paper on the front panel.

I only found this out by taking the Printer back to the Retailer's IT dept.

I had previously downloaded the HP help guide for that particular printer and nowhere was there any reference to my problem.

HP Recommended

The paper choice is the problem and the only way I could change the paper was to open the paper drawer and then close it. The copier then prompts with a choice of what kind of paper you chose. It will say something like , Did you load photo paper,plain. You then click no. I think at that point you can choose plain paper. It worked! Thank you posters.

HP Recommended

Thank you!  What an easy fix!

HP Recommended

Paper choice was the solution. Once I got it changed back from photo paper to letter paper on the printer itself I am printing copies with speed. Thanks for the tip. Had spent hours trying to fix the problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks guys, who would have thought it so simple, but so hard to locate the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.