Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Smart
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I just had to reinstall my HP Smart application on my Windows 10 pc - I'm not sure what happened to the old app.  The new old software allowed me to put multiple photos on my flatbed and use the "Detect Photos" option to scan the photos and create a separate file for each. I could then save them all at once.  The new software does not have this feature and I'm wondering if there is still a way to do this??  It was very helpful when scanning many photos.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I was able to use the link and get the software setup again.  However I had difficulties with the setup and had to engage Geek Squad to clean up my drivers before it would work.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SandyDe 

"Detect Photos" is actually terminology used in HP Scan (part of the Full Feature Software)

Note:  In the case of a PDF scan, the name of the feature might be called "Detect Content on Page"

Example

9025_HP_Scan_menu_JPEG_19025_HP_Scan_menu_JPEG_1

• Open Category Software and Drivers

Notes

1. Your Full Feature Software might have been moved to subcategory Software-Utility
  2. The name of the Full Feature software might now be "Print and Scan Driver and Accessories"

• Download-and-Save the Full Feature Software / Print and Scan Driver and Accessories or HP Easy Start Printer Setup for your Operating System version.
  • Open File Explorer
  • Navigate to the folder in which you saved the installation file  (likely Downloads)
  • Right-Click on the installation package and “Run as Administrator
  • Reminder:  If using Easy Start, select the Full Driver
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your HP device

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Your screen shot shows what I used to get with the HP Smart Utility.  Now I get a new interface and it does not offer the same options.  Is there a way to get back to the old version?

HP Smart.PNG

HP Recommended

@SandyDe 

In so much that I am aware (at attempt at diplomacy):

HP Smart has never had an interface like the example for "Detect Photos" provided for HP Scan.

It is not a matter of going back - it is a matter of installing the Full Feature Software.

I was able to pull your mystery printer model name from your posted image.

Your Full Feature Software here:

HP OfficeJet 6960 All-in-One series Full Feature Software and Drivers 

After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.

Look for your Printer Assistant / (Blue) HP Scan icon on the Desktop.

Printer_Assistant_Shortcut_Icon_on_DesktopPrinter_Assistant_Shortcut_Icon_on_Desktop

IF your Full Feature Software STILL lacks the Detect Photos option for Save as JPEG

We can still add HP Scan Extended so you can use "Auto Detect Size"  (same feature, older name, older software)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet 6962 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I was able to use the link and get the software setup again.  However I had difficulties with the setup and had to engage Geek Squad to clean up my drivers before it would work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.