Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

When scanning a photo the dialog box for save or share is partly off screen, outside the HP smart Window and its impossible to see or click on the right hand option.  There seems to be no way to drag the dialog box back to the centre, I've tried. and resizing the HP Smart window does not help either - the dialog box stubbornly refuses to move to that it is all visible.

How can the dialog be recentred so I can see all the options - i assume the coordinates for the box are stored somewhere? 

Screen shot of the problem attached.dialog box partly off screendialog box partly off screen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me.

Try the below suggestions-

1)Uninstall HP Smart 

2) Try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

3)Reinstall HP Smart from windows store

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @KPhoto,

I'd like to help!

I understand the HP Smart screen gets cut off.

Try the below suggestions -

Install all the available Windows updates

If it is been a while since you updated your Windows, that is the main reason why Windows says your HP printer driver is unavailable. Here are the steps how to do a Windows Update to install all accessible operating system update.

If you are accessing Windows 10, then these steps are for you.

1. Hit the Start menu and write an update. After that, click on the “Check for updates” option.
  2. Tap on the “Check for updates” option.
  3. After clicking on that option, Windows will install the updates automatically.
  4. When Windows completes all its updates, start your computer again and attempt to print a file to check if your printer works.

Adjust the Scale and Display Resolution

In Windows, you can change the resolution and scaling to make things clearer for your eyes and easier to use. Screen resolution refers to the clarity of the text and images shown on the screen. At higher resolutions, such as 1600 x 1200 pixels, items appear sharper. They also appear smaller so more items can fit on the screen. At lower resolutions, such as 800 x 600 pixels, fewer items fit on the screen, but they appear larger. Scaling adjusts the size of text, icons, and other user interface elements to make the screen easier for people to see and use.

On Windows 10

1. Open the Start menu and select Settings.
    Start menu with Settings highlighted.
  2. Go to System.
    Settings with System highlighted.
  3. In Display, check the Scale and Resolution options, and adjust them to make your screen look proper. Setting to an option labeled (Recommended) is often the best choice.
    Display with Scale and Resolution highlighted.
  4. If you make a change, you'll be asked to make sure you can still see what is on the screen. If it looks proper, select Keep changes, otherwise, select Revert, or in case you can't see what's on the screen, wait 15 seconds for it to revert automatically.
    Keep Display Settings dialog in Windows 10.

Hope this helps, Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Yes" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Non-of this works!!

Windows is fully up to date.

Changing the screen resolution simply results is a larger or smaller version which is still off the screen

Resizing the window does not help either 

HP Recommended

Thank you for getting back to me.

Try the below suggestions-

1)Uninstall HP Smart 

2) Try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware 

3)Reinstall HP Smart from windows store

Hope this helps!

Keep me posted!

HP Recommended

Printer firmware is the latest version

Removing and re-installing HPSmart results in the same issue 

HP Recommended

Thanking you for sharing the results.

May I have the exact model name of the product? Refer to this document for steps to find the product details. Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

Let's try and create a new user account and install HP smart there and check if the issue persists.

1. Tap the Windows icon.

2. Select Settings.

3. Tap Accounts.

4. Select Family & other users.

5. Tap "Add someone else to this PC."

6. Select "I don't have this person's sign-in information."

7. Select "Add a user without a Microsoft account."

8. Enter a username, type the account's password twice, enter a clue and select Next.

9. Tap the Windows icon.

10. Select the User icon at the upper left corner of the Start menu.

11. Select the new user. You'll then sign into your account with your password from step 8.

Let me know how this goes!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.