Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Aspire 5600 U
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

no error code but message window states the following: The selected paper or tray cannot be used for copying on both sides of a page. Seems like unit performed two-sided copying when first purchased.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@hep21

Try firmware update: Click here

If issue persists, reset the printer to factory settings.

I'm going to send you a private message with the information required to get this issue sorted. The only reason why we are utilizing the instructions over the private message as these instructions are specific to your printer model.

To check your private message, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little envelope, please click on it.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Roopa-S
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hep21

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips. Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 does support 2 sided copy. try the steps below:

1. Load the document or photo on the scanner glass or in the automatic document feeder (ADF), depending on your printer type and features.

CAUTION: Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.
  2. Touch Copy, Copy Document, or Copy Photo on the printer control panel, and then change any available basic settings as needed.

3. Touch Settings or the gear icon  to view advanced copy settings.

NOTE: You might need to scroll down the control panel screen to access all settings. Available settings vary by printer model.
    • 2-Sided Copying: Copy on both sides of the paper. Depending on the model, the menu is typically available under the Document copy settings. Either touch On, select the box next to the setting, or select an available option from the drop-down menu.

For more information: Click here

If issue persists, let me know what is the paper size and the paper tray selected.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Roopa-S
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

If I complete all the steps that you describe to perform two-sided copying I receive the following message on the printer display screen:  The selected paper or tray cannot be used for copying on both sides of a page. 

HP tutorials demonstrate how to do two-sided copying with this model. However, even if I follow all the correct procdures to perform two-sided copying I receive the message as stated above.

HP Recommended

@hep21

Try firmware update: Click here

If issue persists, reset the printer to factory settings.

I'm going to send you a private message with the information required to get this issue sorted. The only reason why we are utilizing the instructions over the private message as these instructions are specific to your printer model.

To check your private message, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little envelope, please click on it.

Roopa-S
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.