Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need to install your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
ENVY Photo 7855

Just got the HP ENVY Photo 7855, installed drivers and software, and set to scan some of my artwork using the 1200ppi feature of the scanner, saved as PNG files for quality. Scanner software promptly crashes and memory leaks upon trying to save a scan, as the software is only 32bit, it maxes out at 4GB RAM even though I have 32GB on my system. I keep trying to find 64 bit software for my printer/scanner so I can actually use the 1200ppi feature I paid for, but keep hitting a brick wall. Upon trying to use the virtual assistant, it links me to the troubleshooting page which tells me to defragment my SSD drive (VERY VERY BAD ADVICE), then abruptly ends the chat. If anyone has had this issue and knows a fix, please, let me know.

My system specs far outweigh the requirements, I'm running 64GB DDR3 RAM, 3060ti with 8GB VRAM, unlocked water cooled and overclocked i7 CPU, terabytes of SSD space; this is not a hardware issue.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @saltyscanner,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd like to help!

since the scanner software for your HP ENVY Photo 7855 is limited to 32-bit architecture, it is unlikely that you will be able to find a 64-bit version of the software to resolve the issue with the memory leak and software crashes.

You may find the drivers for 64-bit. Click here

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.