Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
envy 6022
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Suddenly my new HP Ency 6022 stopped scanning. I am on a Mac 2013 MBP, 10.15.7 Catalina. Connected with Bonjour, Secure Airprint.

I can print over wifi fine, so wifi connection seems ok.

Using the web portal, i see only 'an error has occured'.
Image Capture-- 'the scanner failed to complete the overview scan', cannot scan after that.
HP easy scan-- i click 'scan' and very quickly the window pops up with 'scan complete, more to scan?' - when nothing has happened.

HP smart scan - don't want to use it, since i don't want anything to do with cloud services and being forced to make an account. I did the diagnosis there, which told me only 'printer offline issue not fixed'. But it is online, since i can print.

I reset the prt system in the Mac. Reset the printer. No firmware/software updates available.

Does wifi direct need to be on? It wasn't before, but i turned it on, after having to choose 2.4ghz setting, and i still had the same problem.

Please. Any suggestions on where to look? I have been reading and searching for hours now.

Not impressed with this new unit......

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

After hours and hours of researching and worrying, what was the problem?

The lid of the scanner was up [tshirt i was trying to  scan] and the scanner will not scan if the top is up.

After having this idea, i put something to weigh down that little button and was able to scan.

Really nice work, you guys. No warning about it, no alert, no sensible information. What an opaque system. The help system too. Nowhere to call, pointless bot 'helper' online.....

HP Recommended

@fetz

Welcome to the HP support community.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.