Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Fax Line Condition Test Fail        All other tests PASS       Use magic Jack

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Hunter527, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Follow the steps below-

Make sure you connect the printer to an analog phone line or you cannot send or receive faxes. To check if your phone line is digital, connect a regular analog phone to the line and listen for a dial tone. If you do not hear a normal sounding dial tone, it might be a phone line set up for digital phones. Connect the printer to an analog phone line and try sending or receiving a fax.

Check the connection between the telephone wall jack and the printer to make sure the phone cord is secure. Make sure you have correctly connected the printer to the telephone wall jack.

Using the phone cord supplied in the box with the printer, connect one end to your telephone wall jack, then connect the other end to the port labeled 1-LINE on the back of the printer.

Other equipment, which uses the same phone line as the printer, might be causing the test to fail. To find out if other equipment is causing a problem, disconnect everything from the phone line, and then run the test again.

If the Fax Line Condition Test passes without the other equipment, then one or more pieces of the equipment are causing problems; try adding them back one at a time and rerunning the test each time, until you identify which piece of equipment is causing the problem.

If the Fax Line Condition Test fails without the other equipment, connect the printer to a working phone line and continue reviewing the troubleshooting information in this section.

If you are using a phone splitter, this can cause faxing problems. (A splitter is a two-cord connector that plugs into a telephone wall jack.) Try removing the splitter and connecting the printer directly to the telephone wall jack.

Make sure you use the phone cord that came with the printer. If you do not use the supplied phone cord to connect from the telephone wall jack to the printer, you might not be able to send or receive faxes. After you plug in the phone cord that came with the printer, run the fax test again.

After you resolve any problems found, run the fax test again to make sure it passes and the printer is ready for faxing. If the Fax Line Condition test continues to fail and you experience problems faxing, contact your telephone company and have them check the phone line.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

no this didn't help.   My fax has been working fine but I just started having a problem today.  In fact I did receive a fax but now it won't do any faxing.

why can I not talk to a human to fix this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.