Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP 8600 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've an HP 8600 Pro AIO unit connected via Ethernet to my home network. I use the PDF application PDF-XChange as my default PDF handler to manage my PDF files. When I scan documents from the 8600 to my computer - either from the sheet feeder or the flatbed - and open them in PDF-XChange, I get an error message within the app that says "The following problems were detected in the document: Error loading object - misaligned object." 

I also have a Fujitsu ScanSnap ix1500 scanner connected to my network, and I get no error messages when I scan using that device.

What is causing this error, and how do I resolve it?  Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@clintjjohnson

Welcome to the HP support community.

Did you try scanning from a different application and check if the issue persists?

If not, try scanning from HP smart app and check ow it goes.

Refer this HP document for the steps to download and use HP smart app:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks SandyTech20 for your reply. I did try scanning a document using the HP Smart app, and I get the same error message, "Error loading object: Misaligned object.".

I've also tried scanning using the HP Printer Assistant app that came with my printer, and I get the same error.

As I'd mentioned in my original message, this only happens when I scan from my HP 8600. When I scan from my Fujitsu ScanSnap scanner, there is no error.

HP Recommended

@clintjjohnson,

Are you able to make a copy?

Meanwhile, I recommend you root uninstall the printer and then reinstall and check if it helps.

Here is how it is done.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

http://hp.care/2nikIQ9

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.