cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Grayed out "add page" in "Save to PDF" if scan resolution set higher than 300 ppi

HP Recommended
HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Like the title says, in the scanner software HP Scan the button to add more pages is grayed out if the scanner resolution is set to a value greater than 300 ppi. Is there a way to unlock this strange limitation? This problem was reported several years ago on this forum, but no solution was provided (other than to lower the resolution). Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Add page disabled.png

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
30,433 30,151 5,198 12,052
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Scan application allow scanning multiple pages with 300 PPI or lower resolution, it cannot scan multiple pages with higher resolutions, as scanning from the ADF allow up to 300 PPI from the same reasons, this is not a bug but an expected behavior, the HP Scan software, it  does not support handling multiple pages with such an higher resolution.

You may check for 3rd party applications which may offer such functionality, I believe that NAPS2 may offer a such:

https://www.naps2.com/

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

The HP Scan application allow scanning multiple pages with 300 PPI or lower resolution, it cannot scan multiple pages with higher resolutions, as scanning from the ADF allow up to 300 PPI from the same reasons, this is not a bug but an expected behavior, the HP Scan software, it  does not support handling multiple pages with such an higher resolution.

You may check for 3rd party applications which may offer such functionality, I believe that NAPS2 may offer a such:

https://www.naps2.com/

Shlomi

Shlomi, thanks for your answer. What you say is probably correct, however, my printer doesn't have an ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) mechanism. In my opinion the official HP scanner software should utilise the hardware to its full potential. This is awful UX design. The button is grayed out, without informing the user why. I wasted hours searching for a solution. Eventually I stumbled upon NAPS2 and it can do multiple pages at 600 ppi, so clearly it's technically possible, and I fail to see how a multi-million dollar corporation the size of HP can't do this while some guy can in his spare time. Not only that, HP printer software installs all over my hard drive and never uninstalls clean (NAPS2 offers a portable version), is bloated (NAPS2 is tiny) and the user interface is counter-intuitive (e.g. the grayed out button). Not impressed.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation