Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Neverstop Laser MFP 1202nw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Like the title says, in the scanner software HP Scan the button to add more pages is grayed out if the scanner resolution is set to a value greater than 300 ppi. Is there a way to unlock this strange limitation? This problem was reported several years ago on this forum, but no solution was provided (other than to lower the resolution). Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Add page disabled.png

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP Scan application allow scanning multiple pages with 300 PPI or lower resolution, it cannot scan multiple pages with higher resolutions, as scanning from the ADF allow up to 300 PPI from the same reasons, this is not a bug but an expected behavior, the HP Scan software, it  does not support handling multiple pages with such an higher resolution.

You may check for 3rd party applications which may offer such functionality, I believe that NAPS2 may offer a such:

https://www.naps2.com/

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

@ShlomiL wrote:

Hi,

The HP Scan application allow scanning multiple pages with 300 PPI or lower resolution, it cannot scan multiple pages with higher resolutions, as scanning from the ADF allow up to 300 PPI from the same reasons, this is not a bug but an expected behavior, the HP Scan software, it  does not support handling multiple pages with such an higher resolution.

You may check for 3rd party applications which may offer such functionality, I believe that NAPS2 may offer a such:

https://www.naps2.com/

Shlomi

Shlomi, thanks for your answer. What you say is probably correct, however, my printer doesn't have an ADF (Automatic Document Feeder) mechanism. In my opinion the official HP scanner software should utilise the hardware to its full potential. This is awful UX design. The button is grayed out, without informing the user why. I wasted hours searching for a solution. Eventually I stumbled upon NAPS2 and it can do multiple pages at 600 ppi, so clearly it's technically possible, and I fail to see how a multi-million dollar corporation the size of HP can't do this while some guy can in his spare time. Not only that, HP printer software installs all over my hard drive and never uninstalls clean (NAPS2 offers a portable version), is bloated (NAPS2 is tiny) and the user interface is counter-intuitive (e.g. the grayed out button). Not impressed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.