Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro

Our printer is experiencing scanning issues only through the feeder. The printer quality for all other tasks have no issues. If we use our feeder to scan straight to the computer using HP Scan or if we copy using the feeder, a blue line appears vertically down the middle of every page. I assume since it appears even through a scan to the computer, that it may have something to do with the lens to scan on the feeder. How can I fix this? What exactly is the issue? Once fixed, is it something that occurs every once in awhile due to aging?

The printer is 18 months old, and is used on a regular basis for paperwork scanning at a local business.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is usually caused by dirt or stain on the ADF glass, which is the small glass window on the left side (to the main glass).

Use a piece of damp lint free cloth or tissue and gentally wipe the glass.

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

That is usually caused by dirt or stain on the ADF glass, which is the small glass window on the left side (to the main glass).

Use a piece of damp lint free cloth or tissue and gentally wipe the glass.

**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Charles001,

I am not very tech savy, so after reading your message, watched a quick clip on youtube about the ADF glass. After reading your message and watching the clip, I took an alcohol swap and gauze to the ADF glass strip and my issue is now resolved thanks to you.

Much appreciated!

HP Recommended

Glad issue is resolved. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.