Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 7645 e-All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy 7640 Series Not found, when wanting to Scan, Windows 10, Not sure of the windows version, printer copies and prints without a problem. I have the HPEnvy 7645 E-All in One Printer.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@summer653

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting a scanner connection error, I am glad to assist you.

Check Windows Image Acquisition settings

• Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) allows communication between the computer and scanner. If WIA is not on or running correctly, scan jobs can fail.
  • In Windows, search for and open View local services.
  • Next to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), check the Status and Startup Type.
  • If the status is 'Started' or 'Running' and the Startup Type is 'Automatic', WIA is working correctly. No further action is required.
  • If the status is 'Disabled' or blank, continue with these steps.
  • Right-click Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), and then select Properties.
  • On the General tab, select Automatic from the Startup type drop-down.
  • Under Service status, click Start.
  • If the Start button is grayed out, return to the Services list and make sure the following services are running and set as Automatic.
  • DCOM Server Process Launcher
  • Remote Procedure Call
  • RPC Endpoint Mapper
  • Shell Hardware Detection
  • Try to start WIA again.

Refer to the steps mentioned in this HP document to fix the issue:- Click here

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandytechy20, 

Thanks for the information. I checked the WIA  it is  listed as below your directions, but if I try to Scan it still says HP Envy 7640 Series not found.  I'm not that technical so I might wait until I can get my brother to look at it. Or if you have another idea that would be great.  I appreciate your expertise.  This printer is model HP ENVY 7645., I have had it for a couple of years.   The computer is a HP ENVY Desktop Intel Core I5 , its about 3 years old.   

• Next to Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), check the Status and Startup Type.
  • If the status is 'Started' or 'Running' and the Startup Type is 'Automatic', WIA is working correctly. No further action is required.
HP Recommended

@summer653

This might require one on one interaction to fix the issue.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support.

Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandy,

Thanks for the response, I'm keeping your message with regards talking to HP, until I can discuss this with my brother. 

Thanks again,  Its great to know that HP Support and the HP Community is there to help us, 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.