Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 8600e
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help deciding between spending about $180.00 to replace the failed printhead on my HP OfficeJet 8600e Premium (2 paper trays) and spending about $400.00 to  buy a  new HP OfficeJet 9025e (2 paper trays).  

If I just"fix" my 8600e, I imagine something else will soon fail.  So that makes it attractive to just replace the old  8600e with a new printer that presumably will have better technology.  

As I look at the specs for each of these, however, it appears that their the print resolution is the same and the difference in print speed seems negligible.   However, at 50 sheets vs 35 sheets, the ADF capacity on my 8600e is better than on the 9025e's and the scanner on my 8600e appears to have much better hardware/optical resolution capability than on the 9025e (4800x4800 dpi vs. 1200x1200dpi).   

The lower ADF capability is not a big deal, but I fear that a less-capable scanner would be a problem as I often scan color prints and want the best scans I can get.  

Am I misunderstanding something in looking at these specs?  After all these years, I expected that HP's technology in its OfficeJet line of AIO units would have advanced more than it appears; instead, it looks generally the same with a step backward in available scanning resolution.   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DPdalton, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Make sure you have tried the steps mentioned in this document to resolve this issue - Printhead errors

If the error persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware failure. I would suggest upgrading the printer rather than replacing the printhead as it may or may not resolve the issue.

Printheads are costlier and it is subject to availability. You may visit the online Hp Store to check the available printers and the sales representative will let you know the best printer according to your requirements.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

KUMAR0307 - Yes, I've tried all of the steps and suggestions you've referenced.  And I've also tried several others I found online.  None worked, so I'm convinced it's definitely a bad printhead.  And I agree that replacing that printer is the best approach.  However, my question now is -- with what? 

Are the currently available HP OfficeJet All-In-Ones as - or more - capable than the 8600e? 

As I mentioned, when I looked at what I thought would be the logical replacement product -- the OfficeJet 9025e (two trays, as my 8600e has) -- the print resolution appears to be the same as for the 8600e, the 9025e does appear to print a bit faster than the 8600e, but the ADF capacity for the 9025e (35 pages) is less than on the 8600e (50 pages).  Perhaps that difference was just a sacrifice for reducing overall size?  

But the serious (sand surprising) concern for me is that the scanner in the 9025e appears to be less capable than that of the much older 8600e (1200x1200 dpi vs. 4800x4800 dpi).  Is this correct?  Why?  Is there another HP product I should consider instead? 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@DPdalton

I understand your concern. However, you will have to contact the HP Store or talk to an HP Sales representative to know the specifications/differences between the printers as mentioned in my previous post. They will be able to assist you better in buying a new printer based on your requirement.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.