Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
macOS 12.0 Monterey

Hi,

I have two Macs, a MacBook Pro 2019 and a Mac Studio. The Mac Studio has been set up by using a clone of the MacBook, which means that all settings are principally the same. Both, Mac Studio and MacBook Pro run macOS Monterey, with the same update. 

When I put documents into the document feeder in the printer, and select scan to a computer on the printer screen, I can choose which mac I scan to. When selecting the MacBook, the document feeder scans the documents to the MacBook automatically. 

The challenge is that when I select the Mac Studio, the document feeder will not start, but a normal glass scan will commence. 

How can I ensure that when scanning from the document feeder to the Mac Studio that the document feeder is used automatically?

Thank you in advance for your responses. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,
The default scan workflow configured to scan using the Flatbed Glass. Make sure to change the scan settings to scan documents with color:

1. From the Applications folder open the HP Folder.
2.  Open the HP Utility and select your device.
Note: if no HP Utility link is visible within the Applications folder go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, double click the printer and click on Printer Settings, there select the Utility tab and click on Open HP Utility.
3. From Scan Settings open the "Scan to Computer".
4. Click the Scan Tasks tab.
5. Select the affected shortcut and click on Edit... (or just double-click the shortcut).
6. In the section of Scan from an HP Device click on the blue triangle or the Show Details button to enlarge the menu.
7. Change the Source from Flatbed Glass to Automatic Document Feeder or Automatic and save the changes, then try scanning from the printer front panel again.

Regards,
Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

That's great, it worked. Thank you for your help ShlomiL, much appreciated!

HP Recommended

You're much welcome @PeterRz, glad to hear so!

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.