Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I want to scan the both side of a document with my HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 from the android app HP Smart.

In the options of the scan, I don't have One Side / Both side. How to do this ?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@jonjojo 

====================================================================

Welcome to the HP Community.

Be Aware:

Do not respond to individuals who include phone numbers or email addresses in public posts.

Do not respond to individuals who ask you to provide private information in a public Post.

These people might be scammers trying to steal your information / money.

====================================================================

Not sure about the Android version of HP Smart.

The following might work and depends less on the app than on the ability of the printer to scan 2-sided (supported on this model).

Open the Embedded Web Server (EWS).

This can be done from your browser and (likely) from within HP Smart.

If you've not used Webscan previously, enable Webscan in the Security settings.

Next, set up and run the Webscan feature.

Pay attention to where you save the content.  For example, select a folder on your device - "Files".

Webscan – located in the Embedded Web Server (EWS) – No additional software

NOTE:  Webscan feature  is not available on Laser printers

If the printer is on the network,

If the EWS feature is available on your printer,

First Time Use Only:  Enable Webscan

• Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar
  • Tab Settings > Security > Administrator Settings > Enable >> Check box next to Webscan
  • Click Apply to save any changes

Next

• Tab Scan > Webscan 
  • Set up Webscan the way you want it - for example, set the Source to ADF
  • Click Start Scan to scan your document / image using Webscan
  • After the scan is complete, Save the scan to your computer.

Possible Option - Open EWS in HP Smart application > Settings > Advanced Settings

Examples...

General Example - HP Smart Mobile (iOS) - Main Menu

HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_7HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_7

Example - EWS - Webscan - OfficeJet Pro 9025

EWS_9025_Webscan_Settings_Security_Administrator_Webscan_1EWS_9025_Webscan_Settings_Security_Administrator_Webscan_1EWS_9025_Webscan_2EWS_9025_Webscan_2

References / Resources

User Guide

Embedded Web Server (EWS) - Page 150

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9020 All-in-One Printer series 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

This solution do not work on my phone, the two side is option not available, the glass / ADF too...

See my screenshot 

And it is way too complicated !! I need to enter a pin code each time I want to this page.

I juste want an option on the HP Smart app to select one side / two side when I want to scan... that's not hard to do at all... I see on internet many people are not happy that this is not available, and ask to have it for many years, but it is not done !

I bought this printer to scan 2 side on my phone...Since it's not available, I'll return the printer to amazon, and buy one from another brand !

HP Recommended

@jonjojo 

OK.

Understood.

You are welcome.

I would have thought the option is available in HP Smart Mobile - Android - I cannot check it for you.

Unfortunate.

That said, 2-sided scan is not an "every printer" feature.

Be sure you check the TechSpecs on your next printer regardless of brand.

Stay Safe.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I checked the TechSpecs  of the printer I bought (9012), it does 2-side scan in one pass ! that is why I bought it !

So it was obvious that the HP Smart app can do this ! It is easy to know for you that a printer have the option, and one that do not have it so that in the app you show or not the 2-side option !

A lot of people ask that for many years, you can see that here => https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mobile-Printing-Cloud-Printing/Duplex-scanning-from-HP-Smart-app/td-p/...

Change you app developers  because they are not good at all.

Thanks for you help in any case...

HP Recommended

@jonjojo 

You are welcome.

If you decide to do so before returning this nice printer, do try Webscan.

Webscan is not difficult - the "enable" only has to be checked / done the first time.

Webscan might work from your phone - the feature is not application dependent.

Good Luck.

Stay Safe.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question Resolved / Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.