Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have just checked my equivalent folder and cannot find a folder "HP Smart" either. So not sure where it is. However my printer now scans. If you know how to do a wild card search then try that, otherwise I have run out of ideas.

HP Recommended

I installed HP Smart from the App Store on a brand new MacBook Pro M1 (macOS 12.2.1) last week an HP Smart is crashing / restarting when I try to scan.

The path "/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HP Smart" doesn't exist, however I found the directory HP Smart in this location: "/Users/Username/Library/Containers/HP Smart"

I deleted it, restarted my MacBook an reinstalled HP Smart from the App Store.

No Change! HP Smart is still crashing, but only if I do double sided scans with my HP OfficeJet Pro 9022. Single Page scan is working fine.

HP Recommended

I installed HP Smart from the App Store on a brand new MacBook Pro M1 (macOS 12.2.1) last week an HP Smart is crashing / restarting when I try to scan.

The path "/Users/Username/Library/Application Support/HP Smart" doesn't exist, however I found the directory HP Smart in this location: "/Users/Username/Library/Containers/HP Smart"

I deleted it, I also deleted HP Smart from the Program, Folder, restarted my MacBook an reinstalled HP Smart from the App Store. No Change!

HP Smart is still crashing, but only if I do double sided scans with my HP OfficeJet Pro 9022

HP Recommended

yes we have the exact same problem.  I called HP customer support.  After 30 min wait, they took our info and nature of the pbm, & said they would call back; they never did.

HP Recommended

Scan crash causing the App to be removed from the menu HP Envy Photo 7855 printer

HP Recommended

What steps are you referring to?

HP Recommended

Same problem with an M1 Mac mini - however if I go to system preferences and select the printer I can scan double sided using the sheet feeder with no problem.  It would appear to be an HP Smart problem! 

The ability to scan double-sided using a sheet feeder was the whole point in buying this printer so very disappointed that this function does not work "out of the box"

HP Recommended

HP,

are you gonna fix the HP Smart bug ?  Or should we all return our printers ?  

HP Recommended

You read my mind!!

HP Recommended

Hi Betty, I leave the printer and computer switched off for a month and the same problem has occurred. Cannot find an Application Support folder for HP Smart to delete this time so even with the new update being reinstalled, it doesn't work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.