Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M633z

I have a m633 laser jet printer setup on a print server with the pin-to-print function enabled.  Whenever anyone prints it is stored under testName instead of the user's name or username.  I have other printers where this functions as expected, user sends print to printer > looks up username on printer stored jobs > enters pin to print job.  I'm not sure why the m633 doesn't work the same way unless I'm missing something.

Print Driver: HP LaserJet MFP M631 M632 M633 PCL-6 (V4)

I just updated the print driver today and the universal print driver doesn't have the Print and Hold function.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @supercnote,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering an issue with the pin-to-print function on your HP LaserJet Enterprise Flow MFP M633z printer. Since you've already updated the print driver and ensured that the pin-to-print function is enabled, there might be a few other things to check.

• Printer Firmware: Ensure that the printer firmware is up to date. Sometimes, firmware updates can resolve compatibility issues or add new features.
  • Printer Configuration: Double-check the printer settings to make sure that the pin-to-print function is configured correctly. There might be specific settings related to job storage and pin-to-print that need adjustment.
  • User Authentication: Confirm that user authentication is set up correctly on the printer. This includes ensuring that users are properly authenticated before printing, which allows the printer to associate print jobs with specific users.
  • Driver Settings: Check the driver settings on the print server to see if there are any options related to job storage or pin-to-print that need to be configured.
  • Test Environment: If possible, try setting up a test environment with a different printer of the same model to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem is specific to the printer or if it's related to the configuration.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

For the current Smart Universal Printer Driver 4.01the release function is listed under basic functions

Repairatrooper_0-1715719182599.png

.On Standard Universal Printer Driver 7.2

Repairatrooper_1-1715719478155.png

It is possible that the job storage is not enabled in the device settings tab of the printer preferences for the driver. It is not listed like other features such as duplex and can be disabled. Change from off or automatic to on.

Repairatrooper_2-1715719567226.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.