Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

I have had this problem several times.   Each time it gets worse than before.  The printer goes into sleep mode and when I go to print something, it says printer is offline.  I try to turn it on, and it will not come on.  I have updated all software and firmware.  I have reset printer.  I have followed all instructions I can find to help with this problem.  Only thing I have not done is turn off automatic off and that is

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@dtazz, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

I understand the printer does not wake up to the print command.

• How far is the printer located from the WiFi router?
  • Restart the router, the printer, and the Mac
  • Make sure the printer and the Mac are connected to the same wireless network. Either 2.4 or 5GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both networks.
  • Also, check with your Internet service provider if your router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.

Bonjour locates devices such as printers, other computers, and the services that those devices offer on a local network using multicast Domain Name System (mDNS) service records. The software comes built-in with Apple's macOS and iOS operating systems.

Perform a ping test to check the connectivity

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. Open a new Terminal window (it's located in Applications > Utilities, or you can just start typing it in Spotlight).
  3. Enter “ping” followed by the IP address of the printer. 
  4. Press Return. Press ctrl C after 10 pings
  5. There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click on the YES button to reply that the response was helpful and/or to say “Thank You”.

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer and mac are about 20ft from the router.  I have restarted the router, printer, and mac several times.  I have also uninstalled HP smart and reinstalled it.  Also done a factory reset on the printer a few times.  I am running Big Sur 11.6  net work is a 2.4GHz not duel band

Ping results were 29 packets transmitted, 29 packets received, 0.0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 11.532/21.813/56.699/8.656 ms

HP Recommended

@dtazz

Did you also check the Bonjour functionality on the router?

We can try and fix this issue by assigning a public DNS address. It’s very simple as explained below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer's EWS page.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Let me know how it goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The printer and mac are about 20ft from the router.  I have restarted the router, printer, and mac several times.  I have also uninstalled HP smart and reinstalled it.  Also done a factory reset on the printer a few times.  I am running Big Sur 11.6  net work is a 2.4GHz not duel band

Ping results were 29 packets transmitted, 29 packets received, 0.0% packet loss round-trip min/avg/max/std dev = 11.532/21.813/56.699/8.656 ms

HP Recommended

This did not work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.