Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 9025 AIO
iOS

I’m not able to scan double-sided with HP Smart.  I can scan double sided with the web services, however I dont have the option for legal size.  I know the printer has the capability, but for some reason HP is inept in enabling double sided scanning on iOS or iPadOS?  This is ridiculous for a Office Pro printer.

Anyone know a solution?  I have seen many posts about this problems, but HP is ignoring everyone.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@papitosteve 

Edits - Withdraw the suggestion to use PC / Mac - remove examples

• The printer can do this using the Full Feature Software or the HP Smart application on the computer (PC or Mac).
  • The HP Smart Mobile application cannot do this, else the option would be available.
  • Webscan (accessed via the Embedded Web Server (EWS)) does not do this - the largest paper size listed for PDF is A4.

You are likely not getting a response from our volunteer staffed community because the feature you seek is not available in HP Smart Mobile.

There is nothing for us to add to your observation.

HP is aware of the way the mobile application works - and does not work.

<content removed by the author>

References / Resources

Product Specifications for the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer (1MR66A)

Printer  Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, User Guides / Manuals, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in our HP Community.

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You for the help.

If the answer helped resolve your issue, Click "Accept as Solution" .

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Why would I use a Mac or PC (I dont own one) when the printer I purchased has all the features.  It’s a decision HP made to not allow all the features on iOS and iPadOS devices.

It’s either incompetence or they don’t care.  Either way I have a new hobbled printer.

HP Recommended

@papitosteve 

OK - you are right - I shall withdraw the suggestion for your situation.

Stay Safe.

Edits - Add examples EWS and EWS > Tray and Paper settings (Officejet Pro 9025)

Product Specifications for the HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Printer (1MR66A)

Maximum ADF scan size (metric)
215 x 355 mm
Maximum ADF scan size (U.S. standard)
8.5 x 14 in

If the option can be made available,

Adjust the Tray and Paper settings using the Embedded Web Server (EWS)

Open your favorite browser > type / enter Printer IP address into URL / Address bar

Tab Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper Management

If applicable, check the Advanced section (at the bottom of the Tray and Paper Management menu)

Click Apply to save changes

Load paper into Tray 2

Try setting the paper size in Tray 2 to the size needed.

EWS is also available in HP Smart Mobile

HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_4HP_Smart_Mobile_Main_Menu_4

Example - Embedded Web Server (EWS) > Settings > Preferences > Tray and Paper

EWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_AllEWS_9025_Preferences_Tray_and_Paper_Management_All

Thank you for participating in our HP Community .

We are a volunteer community workforce dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for trying.  I know its an issue that has to be addressed to HP management.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.