Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2620 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

How do you  change the destination folder for saving scanned documents if you have HP smart?

/hans peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After many back and forths, I have now taken up the problem again and followed the advice in your mail "I would request your to use HP Easy Scan and check if you are able to save the scanned documents to your desired folder"  and installed HP Easy Scan on my PC. With that, the problem is solved. If I had been told about this already after my first post, the matter would have been resolved even faster.
K. r.
/his peter

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @hans_peter2,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you need information regarding the Scanned Document Folder. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

Please refer to this document: How to Change the Default Destination Folder to Save Scanned Document ( The model may differ but the steps are similar)

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, Anand_Andy, I have only HP Smart  and this awful interface.  

hans_peter2_0-1664807055146.png

Where do I find HP Solution Center for exampel??

By the way, is it possible to move back to the Interface which was in Win10?

K.r.

/hans peter

HP Recommended

I'm still waiting for a reply to my last post. The earlier answer has not been of any use to me. Can someone clarify it?

/hans peter

HP Recommended

@hans_peter2,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Anand_Andy!

I have no great desire to pay hundreds of Kronor to find out why HP Smart does not work as discribed i this link 

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2275901-2074064-16

Use HP Smart scan options

Scan with the HP Smart app (Windows, Mac)

Select an option to save, print, share, or fax the scan file.

• Save: The default save location for scanned documents is the Documents folder and the Pictures library for scanned photos. Save the scan in the default location [...]

I'm just asking to know how to go about getting the HP Smart to do as it is said, instead of putting the scanned result on my desktop.

Thanks!

/hans peter

HP Recommended

Hi @hans_peter2,

Welcome to the HP Support Community

I understand you need information on changing the scan folder destination. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.

You need to download the full feature software and then follow the below steps:

You can create presets for Scan to Computer with the file type and resolution. Here is how you can do it -   

1.) Go to Applications > HP > HP Printer Software

2.) Click on Scan to Computer 

3.) Now, click on Edit Scan Tasks 

4.) Click on the File Type for example- Scan as PDF.

5.) Click on Show Details 

6.) Once you have the required settings selected, click on Save. 

7.) Now, when you scan from your printer's control panel to the computer and select save as PDF, the predefined settings will be applied. 

8.) By default, the scanned documents will be saved in the Pictures folder. However, you change the destination in the Save to tab while predefining the settings. 

9.) You can create predefined settings for different file types using the same steps as above. 

I hope that answers your concern adequately. Let me know!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi again!

Thanks for your patience. What should I choose when I get to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-deskjet-2600-all-in-one-printer-series...

as you suggested? I mean I've tried every option there without getting to a place that starts with Applications. Usually it ends with

hans_peter2_0-1668118297959.png

Is it the HP Easy start I should have or what (but I have tried that also)? I already have the HP Smart and it's not good enough.

/hans peter

HP Recommended

@hans_peter2,

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. There is only one full-feature software, if you have already tried and if the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ANAND_ANDY
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

After many back and forths, I have now taken up the problem again and followed the advice in your mail "I would request your to use HP Easy Scan and check if you are able to save the scanned documents to your desired folder"  and installed HP Easy Scan on my PC. With that, the problem is solved. If I had been told about this already after my first post, the matter would have been resolved even faster.
K. r.
/his peter

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.