Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Hp envy 5660

Hello, 

So I go to scan on my HP then select email. While trying to connect I get the following message:

“Server Connection Error”

There was a problem connecting to the server. Touch Retry to connect again, or OK to exit.

Ive tried every solution I can find on this forum and nothing seems to work. Anyone have any useful Ideas? Thank You. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Crjr2008

Good Day. A warm welcome to the HP community. I reviewed the case relating to the server connection error while scanning to email. I will be delighted to assist you here.

Superb description, brilliant troubleshooting and terrific observations made before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

To assist you with accurate information I would require more information regarding this.

• When did this issue start?
  • Did you do any changes on the printer?

Meanwhile

We can try and fix this issue by assigning a public DNS address. It’s very simple as explained below:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Now restart the printer and then try to perform a scan to email. You can also check http://hp.care/2j2YH26 and follow the steps under “Scan directly to email for setting up the scan to email again.

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have already tried all of those steps. I did however get on the phone with customer support today and was notified that the scan to email process is having trouble on the HP server and set me up with a way to scan to the hp smart app. he said that when the solution is resolved on the HP server that scan to email should work on my printer again. Thank You for your quick response and help!

HP Recommended

@Crjr2008

It looks like you were interacting with @sandytechy20, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, 

I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service. 

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help, 

If you don't hear from them, feel free to post your query, we'll be here to help you with any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Have a good day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.