Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
Ink Tank Wireless 415
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer prints but scanner doesn't work after some upgrade.  I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the HP drivers and related files but still doesn't work.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@altiu

Welcome to HP Forums,

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand, your printer does not scan, 

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

When was the last time it worked fine?

Were there any hardware/software changes made?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?

Are you able to make a photocopy? 

Does that Scanner bulb light up?

Does the scanner bar move when you open the lid & press the copy button?

If the photocopy works fine, I would suggest you try these steps to resolve the issue: 

Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor: Follow steps from the link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03286146

Root level uninstall and reinstall printer drivers:

• Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP Ink Tank printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Now go to Control panel – Devices and printer – Select all the printer entries and remove the device.
  • Then press the "windows key" + "r" to get the "Run" window open - Type "printui.exe /s" and press enter.
  • Under print server properties, go to drivers - remove any entry there as well.
  • Again, go to run window, type – “c:/programdata” – Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

To reinstall, click here

Let me know how this goes,

Cheers!

HP Recommended

@ Flower_Bud,

Thanks for the tips.  My printer is now working.

HP Recommended

@altiu

Thank you for responding,

Although, I'm glad it's worked out for you!

I think we can both agree at this point that there are other people within the HP Forums community or otherwise, who could benefit from our conversation and if you don't mind, clicking on accept as solution on this post, as we have added the steps that should have resolved your concern, as well.

That said, If you have any other concerns or queries, do not hesitate to ask as we'll be glad to help,

And have a good day ahead.

Stay blessed!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.