cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Is Scan to Computer from the Printer's Screen not compatible with MacOS?

HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8035
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Does the Scan to Computer function from the Printers screen not available for Mac users?

I just bought the Officejet Pro 8035. I've gone through all the installation steps and have made sure that all the functions work other than fax. The problem is when I tried to scan documents using the ADF and the printer's panel. I select 'Scan' > 'Computer' and I then get a message that say 'Setup Required'. Below is the complete message.

! Setup Required

To scan to a computer, use the HP software on your computer to set up this feature first.

1. Visit 123.hp.com/setup on a Windows computer, and then download the HP software (full software and drivers).

2. Open the software, and then select "Print, Scan & Fax" > "Scan" > "Manage Scan to Computer".

Tip: To scan to macOS computers, use HP Smart. (You can get this app at 123.hp.com)

Based on the Tip listed it sounds like this feature isn't available on Mac Computers. Is this correct or is there a way to fix the issue?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
17,221 17,220 1,156 1,369
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@crstyrdz21, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

You may use the 'scan to computer' feature with a MAC. Yes, the HP Utility must be installed on the MAC before you can use this feature.

Click here to download the HP Utility. Open the app.

Under Scan Settings, click Scan to Computer, then make sure the Enable Scan to Computer check box is selected.

https://lithium-response-prod.s3.us-west-2.amazonaws.com/hpcsc.response.lithium.com/RESPONSEIMAGE/946f6e5f-68db-4b93-a3ad-831e2c463488.default.png

Try to scan.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Kumar0307. I've downloaded the program but when I try to add my printer it doesn't find it. I've tried adding it manually as well using the IP address and Bluetooth address but it does not find it.

0 Kudos
Level 12
Level 12
6,727 6,663 716 1,759
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Not sure if the setting applies to the officejet but on many machines there is a setting you need to turn on to allow scanning to computer. 

webscan.jpgm428 settings page.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Level 17
Level 17
30,439 30,157 5,206 12,065
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Scan to computer is not available for Mac OS for the printer, scanning can be done form the HP Smart or HP Easy Scan app on your Mac, Scan to Computer for the printer is only supported on Windows PCs.

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation