Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet F370
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I have a 3-in-1 printer. I plugged it in my computer and my pc didn t have any reaction. It has no cartridges. I tried the scanner which doesn t require ink and it didn t work also. When i press the scanner button, the power button started blinking and the ink indicator turned red with an exclamation mark. I was told that the scanner is still usable even without ink or cartridges.

I was trying to install it but the HP Software needs to detect my device and it can not be detected, so I can't proceed with the installation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there!
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you're well @Jen25,

I noticed your post about the troubles you're having scanning with your Deskjet F370 without ink cartridges, and wanted to reply with my own suggestions. I would say that if the printer is showing you blinking lights, such as needing ink installed, then this puts the printer into an error state. If the printer is in an error state, it usually causes issues when scanning and installing software until the hardware problem (ink is replaced) is fixed.

Ultimately, my suggestion would be to replace the ink and try scanning and installing the software again, and it should work.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up"

to say thanks for my help.

Have a wonderful day:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi there!
Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you're well @Jen25,

I noticed your post about the troubles you're having scanning with your Deskjet F370 without ink cartridges, and wanted to reply with my own suggestions. I would say that if the printer is showing you blinking lights, such as needing ink installed, then this puts the printer into an error state. If the printer is in an error state, it usually causes issues when scanning and installing software until the hardware problem (ink is replaced) is fixed.

Ultimately, my suggestion would be to replace the ink and try scanning and installing the software again, and it should work.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help.

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up"

to say thanks for my help.

Have a wonderful day:D

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

thank you for answering. I really hope that solves the problem and i have a feeling that it will. It is my first time to use a 3-in-1 printer. 

Have a nice day!

HP Recommended

Hi. I bought new cartridges. Now the problem is that it only works as a copier. It is listed in my devices and printers section, but it is always offline. One time it tried to print there was an error that says "Printer can't print this Microsoft Woed Document". I can't see why it wouldn't print. It's just a simple document. Help! 😞

ice_screenshot_20160607-225022.png

HP Recommended

Hey Jen,

Thanks for getting back to me. Try the link below to troubleshoot through the printer showing as "offline". Let me know what happens!

Printer is Offline (Windows)

Hit the "Accept as Solution" if we've reached a solution, and the "thumbs up" to say thanks for my help.

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Thank you! Now it works as a 3 in 1. But I still have a problem. It suddenly stops while it prints a document and goes offline again. I need to restart the printer all the time so it will work again and start from the beginning of the document. 

HP Recommended

Hey Jen,

I saw that you're still having the offline issue with the printer. If you have tried each step and every "other things to try", from the link I posted, perhaps there could be a hardware issue within the unit.

My last suggestions would be to try a hard reset and ensure the printer is plugged in directly to a wall outlet. You can also try other work-arounds like trying the prints from another program to see if that helps.

If there is anything else I can help with, let me know! 😄

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

hi. still offline. now it works this way: click print, (the printer still offline) , restart pc, then it will now print.

i tried changing usb cable but still the same. i don't know what else to do eith this printer.

HP Recommended

Hi Jen, thanks for getting back to me again!

1. Are there any errors when you try making copies?
  2. Which programs have you tried printing from?
  3. Do you see any other error messages when you print from Notepad, or Microsoft Paint, or an email, for example?

Try running the Print and Scan Doctor tool again from the troubleshooting guide, and let me know the results from that.

Thanks 😄

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

ya sometimes i get the error that says my printer can't print this document 

microsoft office 

same thing happens to all programs 

Thank you !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.