Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

This worked!  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Thanks, this worked for me as well.

I got my new M479fdn today.  SHAME ON HP for still shipping printers with this bug 6 months later! INACCEPTABLE!!!!

HP Recommended

Kash80's solution worked for me as well, thank you!

HP Recommended

Kash80' s solution also worked for me. Greatly appreciated. 

HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXX8EU99GL0 

The solution is detailed in this youtube video.

HP Recommended

omg thank you   finally my printer scan  you deserve 1m like

HP Recommended

I tried the above fix and it's not working.  Mind you did a full uninstall and reinstallation.  I made sure to download the correct drivers.  The person I'm supporting is working remotely.  I've WRA into the computer and with admin rights did all this.  I can print to it but not scan.  I even added this as a wireless direct IP print an IP scan and it won't work.  Do you know what does work?  Scanning to email and enabling WebScan and it'll email it to her with no issue.  However, this doesn't meet users need to scan directly to the computer through USB.  She is using the cable that came with the printer.  I've been in IT for 23 years and never seen anything this hair-brained.  Unfortunately, she doesn't have a LAN cable as I've seen this had to be done on certain printer models for things like this to work which makes no sense.  Scanning to USB even if that were an option is very cumbersome to have to do and defeats the purpose of having a printer this expensive.   I've tried the scanner utility that is supposed to test this and help with fixing these kinds of issues and that's a no go.  Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

As another side note to this.  If you try to use Windows 10's scanner utility it tries to scan something from the printer and that doesn't work either when point to the USB setup scanner / or IP based setup.

HP Recommended

solution also worked for me. Greatly appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Actually, this is documented in the User Guide, you should enable the feature first from the EWS Page of the printer, the same task as being described from another internal menu in this thread, this is just another method of the same setting:

Spoiler
IMPORTANT: For security purposes, scanning remotely is disabled by default. To enable this feature, in the Embedded Web Server, open the Settings tab, click Security, click Administrator Settings, select the Enable checkbox beside Scan from a Computer or Mobile Device, and then click Apply. When this feature is enabled, anyone with access to the printer can scan whatever is on the scanner glass

You may find this information listed on page 84 of its User Guide:

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06320011

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.