Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

This is exactly the function described which I miss also on my HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw. My old Brother printer provided the same functionality as described from Dhenninger and I expected same functionality from the HP device also. Hopefully this will be fixed in a new Firmware version for the printer.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Folder Settings
Use the Folder Settings dialog to configure the types of folders the printer sends scanned documents to.
There are two types of folder permissions to select from:
Option 1: Read and write access
To send scanned documents to a folder configured for read and write access, complete the following steps:
NOTE: Send only to folders with read and write access supports folder verification and job notification
1. If it is not already selected, select Send only to folders with read and write access.
2. To require the printer to verify folder access before starting a scan job, select Verify folder access prior
to job start.
NOTE: Scan jobs can complete more quickly if Verify folder access prior to job start is not selected;
however, if the folder is unavailable, the scan job will fail.
3. Click Next.
Option 2: Write access only
To send scanned documents to a folder configured for write access only, complete the following steps:
NOTE: Allow sending to folders with write access only does not support folder verification or job
notification
NOTE: If this option is selected, the printer cannot increment the scan filename. It sends the same filename
for all scans.
Select a time-related filename prefix or suffix for the scan filename, so that each scan is saved as a unique
file, and does not overwrite a previous file. This filename is determined by the information in the File Settings
dialog.
1. Select Allow sending to folders with write access only.
2. Click Next.

HP Recommended

@RSBSP wrote:

Folder Settings
Use the Folder Settings dialog to configure the types of folders the printer sends scanned documents to.
There are two types of folder permissions to select from:
Option 1: Read and write access

/../
Option 2: Write access only
/../

Could you please explain where we can find this "Folder Settings dialog" ?

I've searched in everywhere in the printer setup menu and haven't been able to locate those permissions options anywhere.

Are sure you're reffering the same printer model that the one that thread is refferring to  (M277dw)?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.