Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I downloaded MacOS Big Sur and my HP printer 7520 worked - but the related scanner does not. Apple recommended downloading using software from manufacturer website. HP website says updating possible with HO Easy Start, but trying to do that gets Apple message that HP Easy start not compatible with OS Big Sur system. 

HP Virtual assistant has nothing to say re Mac Big Sur.

Questions:

1.  Anyone elese had same problem?

2.  Is MacOS 11.0 the same as MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1?

3. Is MacOS Big Sur 11.0.1 materially different to MacOS Catalina (this chat system does not have a Big Sur category in it query analysis)?

4.  Is there a telephone number where one can talk to a real HP person for advice?

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

I put in the BETA of Big Sir when it was available about a month or so ago.  NONE of my HP printers would work under Big Sur (and I have 3). I ended up having to reinstall Mac OS Catalina on my machines so I could get my work done.  I haven't checked back in a while, but I'm waiting to put Big Sur back on until I know these issues have been worked out.

HP Recommended

I would advise you to wait a bit longer based on my experience - Adobe Reader also non-compatible.

HP Recommended

I've been pulling my hair out for two weeks.  The same problem - couldn't get it to work.  Turns out, Apple has the drivers for HP on their site

and IT WORKS!

HP Recommended

How did you access the HP drivers on apple's site?

HP Recommended

https://support.apple.com/kb/dl1888?locale=en_US

IT WORKED.  After at least a week of dealing with this headache.  

HP Recommended

Thanks!!  I had what must have been an older (32-bit) version of that package, but this one worked for me!

HP Recommended

Apple, from what I was told, forgot to include the printer drivers with the update. And no one at HP was the wiser. I'm so glad it worked for you too!

HP Recommended

that explanation makes sense.  when I booted Big Sur and connected the printer (which had been installed under Catalina) I was surprised that the OS didn't recognize a new printer and offer to download and install the driver, apparently because the drivers weren't in the OS.

thanks again

HP Recommended

and I discovered today that the same download contains a driver for an ancient HP 1200 laser printer--it must be at least 15 years old!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.