Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015e All-in-One Printer
Other

I am trying to use the mobile fax option that I signed up for. When I click the tile, it takes forever to load, then I receive an error message. Glad I signed up for the free trial, because this would be a total waste of money! But I do have an important document I need to fax,

so any help will be appreciated! How do we contact customer support? Virtual agent was no help. 

Screenshot_20220216-113615_HP Smart.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Jcoggsdale

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

Install the HP Smart app if you have not already done so, and then enable Mobile Fax.

1. Make sure your mobile device or computer is connected to your Wi-Fi network.

2. Open the HP Smart app, and then create an account or sign in. If you do not have HP Smart, download it from 123.hp.com or your app store.

3. If you are setting up HP Smart for the first time, you must create or sign in to an HP account to access all printer functions.

4. Click the Mobile Fax tile. If you do not see the Mobile Fax tile on your Home screen, click Personalize Tiles, and then click the Mobile Fax toggle to add the tile to your Home screen.

NOTE: If you do not see Mobile Fax in the Personalize menu, the service might not be available in your country/region.

The Mobile Fax tile in the HP Smart app

Create a fax in the HP Smart app, and then send it securely to a fax machine.

1. In the HP Smart app, click the Mobile Fax tile.

2. From Compose Fax, enter the recipient fax number and country/region code in the To field, and then enter your name and phone number in the From field.

NOTE: Mobile Fax does not support sending faxes to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone numbers.

EXAMPLE OF COMPOSE FAX SCREEN (COMPUTER, MOBILE)

Mobile Fax compose screen in HP Smart
  3. Click Files and Cover Page to add a cover page, and then use one of the following methods to attach the file you want to fax.

NOTE: You can fax up to 50 pages or 20 MB.
    • Attach a saved document or photo: Click the Files & Photos icon , and then navigate to the folder on your mobile device or computer, cloud storage, or social media account (Android, iOS only) to attach the file.

• Use the printer scanner: If your printer has a scanner feature, make sure the printer is added to the HP Smart app, and then click the Scanner icon . Click the Settings icon  to change scan settings, and then scan the item. Click the Plus sign  to add pages to the file, if necessary. Click Next.

• Use the mobile device camera: Tap the Camera icon  to capture the item with your camera. Click the Plus sign to add pages to the file, if necessary. Click Next.

4. Click Send Fax.

Refer to the article: Modern faxing is mobile faxing

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Jcoggsdale

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

Install the HP Smart app if you have not already done so, and then enable Mobile Fax.

1. Make sure your mobile device or computer is connected to your Wi-Fi network.

2. Open the HP Smart app, and then create an account or sign in. If you do not have HP Smart, download it from 123.hp.com or your app store.

3. If you are setting up HP Smart for the first time, you must create or sign in to an HP account to access all printer functions.

4. Click the Mobile Fax tile. If you do not see the Mobile Fax tile on your Home screen, click Personalize Tiles, and then click the Mobile Fax toggle to add the tile to your Home screen.

NOTE: If you do not see Mobile Fax in the Personalize menu, the service might not be available in your country/region.

The Mobile Fax tile in the HP Smart app

Create a fax in the HP Smart app, and then send it securely to a fax machine.

1. In the HP Smart app, click the Mobile Fax tile.

2. From Compose Fax, enter the recipient fax number and country/region code in the To field, and then enter your name and phone number in the From field.

NOTE: Mobile Fax does not support sending faxes to Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) phone numbers.

EXAMPLE OF COMPOSE FAX SCREEN (COMPUTER, MOBILE)

Mobile Fax compose screen in HP Smart
  3. Click Files and Cover Page to add a cover page, and then use one of the following methods to attach the file you want to fax.

NOTE: You can fax up to 50 pages or 20 MB.
    • Attach a saved document or photo: Click the Files & Photos icon , and then navigate to the folder on your mobile device or computer, cloud storage, or social media account (Android, iOS only) to attach the file.

• Use the printer scanner: If your printer has a scanner feature, make sure the printer is added to the HP Smart app, and then click the Scanner icon . Click the Settings icon  to change scan settings, and then scan the item. Click the Plus sign  to add pages to the file, if necessary. Click Next.

• Use the mobile device camera: Tap the Camera icon  to capture the item with your camera. Click the Plus sign to add pages to the file, if necessary. Click Next.

4. Click Send Fax.

Refer to the article: Modern faxing is mobile faxing

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@echo_lake  Thanks for your reply. I have a profile, I'm an HP+ member, I've tried connected to a cellular network and wifi, I see the tile on my dashboard, but when I click on the tile, I get the error that was attached in my previous post. 

HP Recommended

@Jcoggsdale

Thank you for posting back. 

The Image shows html error, which means web address link is broken or incorrect. 
As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. This requires remote assistance, please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further troubleshooting steps. 

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I went ahead and accepted your previous answer in case someone else needs that assistance.  I am still trying to get in touch with Support for the html error I am receiving.  Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.