Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

The touchpad of my printer HP ENVY 6020e does not work. When I click the buttons, nothing happens. What can I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Sara_Gualdoni,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

If the touchpad on your HP ENVY 6020e printer isn't responding, here are several troubleshooting steps you can try.

Restart the Printer:

• Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on.

Check for Firmware Updates:

• Make sure your printer's firmware is up to date. You can check for updates via the HP Smart app or the HP website.

Reset the Printer:

• Sometimes a reset can fix issues. To reset the HP ENVY 6020e:
    1. Turn on the printer.
    2. Unplug the power cord from the printer and the wall outlet.
    3. Wait at least 60 seconds.
    4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet and the printer.

Clean the Touchpad:

• Ensure the touchpad is clean and free from any dirt or debris. Use a soft, lint-free cloth slightly dampened with water to clean the surface.

Check for Physical Damage:

• Inspect the touchpad for any signs of physical damage that might prevent it from working correctly.

Use the HP Smart App:

• Download and install the HP Smart app on your smartphone or computer. This app can often control the printer and perform many functions, potentially bypassing the need for the touchpad.

Printer Reset to Factory Settings:

• If all else fails, you might need to reset the printer to factory settings. This will erase any custom settings, so be sure to note any necessary information before proceeding:
    1. Turn on the printer.
    2. Touch the Setup icon on the printer's control panel.
    3. Select Printer Maintenance, then Restore, and then Restore Factory Defaults.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.