cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
ILASER
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Need driver, Scanjet 4500c, Windows 10

HP Recommended
Scanjet 4500c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need a driver for an HP Scanjet 4500c, operating under Windows 10.  HP reports that it does not have such a driver.

I recall seeing somewhere on the Web a year or two ago, instructions how to take another Windows 10 driver (for a different scanner) and modify it for this scanner.  But I did not need it at the time, and niow I cannot locate these instructions.

Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
ShlomiL
Level 17
Level 17
31,458 31,169 5,373 12,515
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I afraid the scanner is not supported on Windows 10 and any other driver shouldn't work with your scanner as you describe, as clearly listed below:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04635838

You may try the 3rd party VueScan software which seems to support your scanner with no need of any drivers:

https://www.hamrick.com/vuescan/hp_scanjet_4500c.html#technical-information

Hope that may help,

Shlomi

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos thumb up in the post.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
ILASER
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks.  I'll try it, but that solutions seems to be what they offer for all scanners.

0 Kudos
MartonR
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The VueScan is a nice idea for really good, older scnners.... But it in fact costs more than the purchase of a new, modern scanner.... Who would have thunk that Microsoft's move to Win10 would end up producing such masses of electro-garbage.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation