Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an OfficeJet 3830 that I've set up on a Windows 7 PC when I first bought the printer and everything worked great! 

I bought Windows 10 Pro PC and "printing from PC to printer" and "scanning from PC to printer" both wirelessly worked, but "scanning from the OJ 3830 to the PC" wirelessly doesn't work.   About 6 months later I decided to install an SSD drive (for the speed) with a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro.  Same issue...does NOT scan from printer to PC wirelessly, but scanning/printing from PC to printer wirelessly works fine.

When I tap the scan button on the printer screen, I get No Computer Found message.  Below that message its says, Windows: Open the HP printer software, select "Scanner Actions", and then select "Manage Scan to Computer". 

Sounds easy enough to solve...if the HP printer software had a "Scanner Actions" option.  The software I downloaded via 123.hp.com is called HP Smart.  I searched and searched the software, but nothing saying "Scanner Actions".  I clicked on a button in the middle of the screen showing Printer Settings, then Settings then Advanced Settings which took me to HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series - Embedded Web Server.  Lots of tabs and buttons here with detailed information.  From what I could see, everything show on and enabled.  Hoping for help to resolve this.   

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DavidF75287

Welcome to the HP support community.

Follow the below steps to enable scan to computer

1. Open the HP Printer Assistant. Windows 10: From the Start menu, click All Apps, click HP, and then select the printer name. ...
  2. Go to the Scan section.
  3. Select Manage Scan to Computer.
  4. Click Enable.

Refer page number 47 in this user guide for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Are you saying I should have HP Printer Assistant on my computer?  I don't see it and don't see anywhere on the HP site to download "HP Printer Assistant."  I only have HP Smart software that I was directed to download when I went to 123.hp.com 

The only other software I'm seeing are listed below.  None of those seem to apply to scanning from the OfficeJet 3830.

Also page number 47 in this user guide gives information about using the scanning software in HP Smart and not information on scanning from the OJ 3830.

Basic Drivers (1)
HP OfficeJet 3830 series Basic Driver - IT Professional Use only
40.11 61.1 MB Apr 24, 2017 Download

Firmware (1)
HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer series Firmware Update
2021A 4.8 MB Jun 1, 2020 Download

Software-ePrint (1)
HP ePrint Software for Network and Wireless Connected Printers
5.5.118.22560 31.2 MB Sep 18, 2017 Download

Software-Utility (2)
HP OfficeJet 3830 series Print and Scan Driver and Accessories
40.11 164.2 MB Apr 24, 2017 Download

HP Easy Start Printer Setup Software
12.6.09 9.5 MB Feb 24, 2021 Download

Description:

HP Easy Start provides guided setup and drivers for your HP printer.

Fix and enhancements:

• Improved user experience
  • Performance Optimizations
  • Updated privacy and data collection notice
  • Added support for newest printer models
  • Country expansion support for Instant In

Utility-Diagnostic Tools (1)

HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows
5.5.2.006 15.4 MB Dec 16, 2020 Download

HP Recommended

@DavidF75287

This might require remote access to your computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.